Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Chicago has suburbs with high Mexican populations so it makes sense sending them to suburbs. I would imagine if a lot of Hispanic migrants arrived in Detroit, a lot would be sent to Pontiac. 

Can't find a way to simply say 'Chicago was wrong too', huh?  Nope, it was justified when Chicago did it because the suburbs have a lot of Hispanics.

Just now, ewsieg said:

Can't find a way to simply say 'Chicago was wrong too', huh?  Nope, it was justified when Chicago did it because the suburbs have a lot of Hispanics.

I would have no problem if Texas took the migrants from the border and spread them around the state. They only have Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, El Paso etc as major cities that could accommodate them. 

I guess you can't find a way to simply say 'DeSantis was wrong for dropping a bunch of migrants off on in island where a majority of the population has left,' huh? Instead, you say DeSantis is helping them out. How much extra money and coordination did it take to dump them on an island instead of just sending them to Boston?

20 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Chicago did it to help the migrants because they are people.  DeSantis did it because he's an asshole.  He had no goal of helping the migrants.  He was using them as pawns.  They could have died for all he cared.  Yes I believe that 100%

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I guess you can't find a way to simply say 'DeSantis was wrong for dropping a bunch of migrants off on in island where a majority of the population has left,' huh? 

Exactly how could I relay to you that I think DeSantis is in the wrong on this?

12 hours ago, ewsieg said:

While I don't think this is the right thing to do

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

(Note - while I think I made legitimate points above, I don't actually believe Abbot and DeSantis are good faith actors and are absolutely focusing on political points over the actual humans messed up in this political turmoil)

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

And DeSantis and Abbot are POS for using illegals in this political theater, all i'm saying is that while they are POS, they have also proved a point that the left is all about welcoming folks into this country, until they have to deal with the problem.

3 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Exactly how could I relay to you that I think DeSantis is in the wrong on this?

Kind of hard to reconcile when you also say: "Abbot and DeSantis are simply helping get migrates safely towards a place of refuge and safety."

What about dropping them off on an island where a majority of residents have left for the year is helping migrates towards a place of refuge and safety? 

15 minutes ago, oblong said:

Chicago did it to help the migrants because they are people.  DeSantis did it because he's an asshole.  He had no goal of helping the migrants.  He was using them as pawns.  They could have died for all he cared.  Yes I believe that 100%

So another words, you have no issues with a community trafficking migrants to another community, without any notice, if deep in their heart, they truly care about those folks.   

4 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

So another words, you have no issues with a community trafficking migrants to another community, without any notice, if deep in their heart, they truly care about those folks.   

no offense but that's a very dumb equivocation.  I don't think you know what the word trafficking means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Kind of hard to reconcile when you also say: "Abbot and DeSantis are simply helping get migrates safely towards a place of refuge and safety."

What about dropping them off on an island where a majority of residents have left for the year is helping migrates towards a place of refuge and safety? 

As I tried to point out, and you hopefully saw me highlight the many times I said they were wrong, but as I tried to point out, the right is the only one pointing out the horrible conditions migrants are dealing with as they come to the US as they currently feel they are free to enter. There is a legitimate argument that our POTUS stance on this policy is helping drive that number coming here up.  The left doesn't seem to care (in the eyes of the right) that a large percentage of women get sexually assaulted... I could go on.  So when the argument is that Abbot and DeSantis are putting them on busses and planes to cities that are advertising that they are welcoming and that's a horrible injustice, it doesn't ring true to many on the right.  And again, i'm not saying that's a correct way of thinking, but simply there are some legitimate points that aid in that way of thinking.

But once again, for clarity, DeSantis is a POS for dropping off migrants on an island where a majority of residents have left for the year, as well for sending migrants anywhere as a result of a political stunt.

21 minutes ago, oblong said:

no offense but that's a very dumb equivocation.  I don't think you know what the word trafficking means.

In that interview I posted from a republican mayor of the Chicago suburb, he stated he was given no notice of migrants being shipped to him from Chicago.  But as you stated, Lightfoot cares about those migrants, so this GQP mayor can STFU, amirite?  Again, apparently it's only trafficking if you don't care about them.   How else am I supposed to take what you're saying? 

In the interview he says he will welcome them and talks about what they have begun to do for them.  He even goes further and says he is not against more coming, but hopes that instead of the press conferences used by the Dem Governor and Chicago Mayor to bash Abbott, he'd appreciate a heads up and some assistance in knowing what he'll be facing so he can welcome accordingly.   

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

In that interview I posted from a republican mayor of the Chicago suburb, he stated he was given no notice of migrants being shipped to him from Chicago.  But as you stated, Lightfoot cares about those migrants, so this GQP mayor can STFU, amirite?  Again, apparently it's only trafficking if you don't care about them.   How else am I supposed to take what you're saying? 

In the interview he says he will welcome them and talks about what they have begun to do for them.  He even goes further and says he is not against more coming, but hopes that instead of the press conferences used by the Dem Governor and Chicago Mayor to bash Abbott, he'd appreciate a heads up and some assistance in knowing what he'll be facing so he can welcome accordingly.   

And I'm sure he'll get more coordination next time. They aren't ghouls in Chicago. They didn't lure migrants with lies that they are going to Boston with the promise of free housing and jobs. They can probably hop on a Metra and go back into Chicago whenever they want. 

“Many were staying in a shelter in San Antonio,” Cyr told me, adding, “A woman approached them outside the shelter and essentially lured them into taking the plane.” He said the migrants were informed they’d be able to get work papers.

Engaging in human trafficking to own the libs....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/09/15/ron-desantis-migrants-marthas-vineyard-fox-news/

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

San Antonio is not in Florida? 

Cyr said the planes made one stop in Florida and another in South Carolina. Though all this remains unconfirmed, it dovetails with some migrants telling the Times that they started off in San Antonio. It’s unclear why a Florida governor is flying migrants from Texas to Massachusetts.

3 hours ago, ewsieg said:

(yes, 1.6 million last year, highest ever recorded, we already beat that this year).

Not sure what so many American's are so afriad of. In a nation of 350 million with a fertility rate of 1.70 and a million XS COVID deaths in the last 2 yrs, that might still be short of replacement.  Heck immigrants from South and Central America don't even worship strange Gods or anything.....

From today's Bullwerk and JVL

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/ron-desantis-has-learned-trumps-most?utm_source=email

There are some ironies.

First, the Biden administration explicitly rejects open borders.

Second, the governor of Massachusetts is a Republican. (Though I suspect Martha’s Vineyard was chosen not because it’s in a Republican-governed state, but because America’s first black president owns a house there.)

Third, if the problem is being able to care for illegal immigrants then maybe the state of Florida should have spent the $12 million on, you know, caring for illegal immigrants. Instead of using the money to get earned media for the governor.

Fourth, Ron DeSantis is, supposedly, a Christian.