Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

I love the refined history.  I was going off what the Arlington tour guide told me and he’s gonna be biased.  

We walked the whole cemetary all the way up to Lee's home. Behind it are the slave homes, I really like they left them so people could see the underbelly of our darkest past. 

We stopped at some point for a funeral procession to go by on the way up. I look over while waiting and there is Joe Louis! He is in the area that our guide said was the older section for upper tier brass but somone (Ronny Reagan) made an order to bury him up there, pretty cool.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

I think a lot of these places didn't have decent educational programs until relatively recently. You can visit places like Arlington and a lot of the battlefields and get a better understanding of the battles and politics than say 20 years ago.

I've become fascinated with the intersections of many members of the "first families". If you look at Arlington for example the line runs thru the Custis family, probably one of the richest landowner in the Commonwealth, to George Washington (actually his wife who was married to a Custis) to the Lee's.

13 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Same, I went twice now with my kids school. They fundraise starting in 5th grade and you either go your 7th or 8th grade year depending on the cycle. We go for 5 days with guided tour. Start at Gettysburg then all over D.C. I learned so much you just would never know without going there. Cool perk since my kids school has a JROTC program one boy and one girl are selected on their character and charity work to lay a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier. What a powerful experience they don't fully grasp at that age.

And I didn’t fully grasp it at the time myself. We have cousins that live nearby and they aways tell us we can stay with them. DC is great with so much free stuff.  Our kids were small at the time so things were hectic. I almost want to go back by myself. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

I think a lot of these places didn't have decent educational programs until relatively recently. You can visit places like Arlington and a lot of the battlefields and get a better understanding of the battles and politics than say 20 years ago.

I've become fascinated with the intersections of many members of the "first families". If you look at Arlington for example the line runs thru the Custis family, probably one of the richest landowner in the Commonwealth, to George Washington (actually his wife who was married to a Custis) to the Lee's.

I have been told that Monticello has an excellent tour now which really emphasizes Thomas Jefferson slave's experiences

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

She is really not well. I hope she gets the help she needs. 

I would think 51 would be unusually late for the onset of paranoid schizophrenia. Maybe some kind of dissociated state related to the manic phase of a bipolar issue. Or a brain tumor....

But given that tens of millions of American's are certifiably delusional at an every day polical level, who can say where to draw the boundary between normal crazy and clinical crazy anymore?

I have a vivid memory of going to Kmart as kid and some guy was standing in front of the store spouting all kinds of nonsense about how the Government is controlling our minds with an invisible gas they inject in the air or something like that.

I often think about that and can't help but think that that kind of person who everyone realized was mentally unstable is now given a platform on TV or running for Congress.

He was just 25 years too early. The internet really has ruined us.

Has it finally happened.  Has the world finally...........FINALLY woken up to what a humungous piece of shit Kanye West really is?   It's been right in front of them for years, but finally,   Seems so.   

As far as some of his supporters coming out and bitching about all the rejections he's getting as proof that the Jews stick together and protect their own.   I am sure that if some white guy or Jewish guy went on an anti-Black rant that they'd all just welcome them with open arms.   

Bunch of fucking rats.