Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

And so it progresses ...

When is the first political murder of an elected Democrat going to occur? It doesn't have to be someone in Washington—it could be anyone in any number of ... ahem ... battleground states. Or maybe even a unicorn D in a deep red state. It's gotta be within the next 12 months, right?

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

And so it progresses ...

When is the first political murder of an elected Democrat going to occur? It doesn't have to be someone in Washington—it could be anyone in any number of ... ahem ... battleground states. Or maybe even a unicorn D in a deep red state. It's gotta be within the next 12 months, right?

It’s not for lack of trying (i.e. the Whitmer plot). It’s just a matter of time before some of these whackos is successful. 

Kind of interesting how Head is noted here to be "a recovering drug addict". But that's probably not wholly accurate because he was, and might still be, hopped up on MAGA.

3. Jan. 6 rioter who dragged D.C. cop Fanone into crowd handed 7.5 years in prison

Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Thursday sentenced a Tennessee man, Albuquerque Head, to 7 1/2 years in federal prison for the brutal attack against D.C. Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol by a mob of then-President Donald Trump's supporters. Head, a recovering drug addict, told Fanone he was trying to help him, then dragged him into the crowd by the neck, shouting, "Hey! I got one!" The mob kicked and beat Fanone, and someone repeatedly shocked him with his own Taser. Fanone suffered a heart attack and traumatic brain injury, and later left the department. Head's sentence was the second-longest yet for a Jan. 6 defendant, and the longest among rioters who pleaded guilty. [NBC News, The Washington Post]

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

It's sad to say this, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they didn't try to tie it into their messaging on crime.

Maybe. I've been wondering whether they were going to jump off this by pivoting to MJT's point about how it's really Democrats who are the lethal threat to Republicans, and how Republicans are merely just harmless old farmers and grandparents living in BFE, midwestern Redstate.