Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Why can’t I believe nothing right now and wait until more information comes out?   Apparently just doing this make me part of a conspiracy.    smh

You're giving credibility to a wild conspiracy that is based on zero evidence. It's similar to the just asking questions that's used by right wing media. You purposely made it a point to make sure that you weren't discounting a conspiracy theory.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

If you yet believe nothing, then maybe also wait to put forward any speculations and thus give them your imprimatur. 

The Tucker Carlson "but I'm just asking the question" defense doesn't cut it anymore.

Please tell me what I speculated on?  

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Please tell me what I speculated on?  

well, that's the beauty isn't it? You didn't speculate, you put forward someone else's. Which is exactly why I used exactly the language I did, which did not accuse *you* of speculating.

LOL - "My hands are clean, I only handed Brutus the dagger"

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

I know of 3 different situations where this has happened after 20+ years of marriage.  It’s more common than you think especially with older people who got married decades ago when homosexuality wasn’t nearly as accepted.   The Pelosi’s are also publicly devout Catholic and probably would stay married and live separate lives instead of getting divorced.   That’s just my speculation though.

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I did nothing of the sort.   That’s fucking ridiculous.  I’m done with you.  

You literally said it.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

well, that's the beauty isn't it? You didn't speculate, you put forward someone else's. Which is exactly why I used exactly the language I did, which did not accuse *you* of speculating.

LOL - "My hands are clean, I only handed Brutus the dagger"

I’m still confused.  Are you saying that I supported the right wing conspiracy theory that this was a gay lovers quarrel?  I did not at all.   I also did not speculate that Paul Pelosi is gay.   I just said that was possible that he could still be gay or bisexual when another poster said that couldn’t be true since he was married for 59 years.  

What the fuck happened to this thread while I went out to do a little shopping? And why the fuck would it matter if this is a homosexual thing or if it isn’t?  
And this “new story”,….. why should it be given any credibility? And yet here we are two pages later talking about whether or not homosexuality had something to do with it.  And how “bad” he is ethically (which recent issues with dui obviously point to, and I don’t doubt other financial issues may be part of his background)

The man was attacked with a fucking hammer to his head. Isn’t that the important  part here?  When did that get placed on a back burner?

I'm disgusted.   With Everything.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The story has more holes than Swiss cheese.  Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would see that.  "Some" people would like to know the real truth, for a change.  AFAIK, the police have not said what the "motive" was, so there is only speculation.

If you want to be disgusted, you should be disgusted with the media and political dipshits pushing a narrative BEFORE they know the truth.

So please tell us why the guy was hit in the head with a fucking hammer and provide the proof?

9 minutes ago, Screwball said:

The story has more holes than Swiss cheese.  Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would see that.  "Some" people would like to know the real truth, for a change.  AFAIK, the police have not said what the "motive" was, so there is only speculation.

If you want to be disgusted, you should be disgusted with the media and political dipshits pushing a narrative BEFORE they know the truth.

So please tell us why the guy was hit in the head with a fucking hammer and provide the proof?

The facts are the suspect had numerous right wing conspiracy theories on his social media. The police report stated he was asking where's Nancy. Paul was attacked with the hammer because the suspect was looking to assassinate Nancy Pelosi. There is absolutely zero proof either was homosexual and this was a homosexual encounter turned violent. It's a full stop batshit conspiracy theory based in zero fact.

Gotta say, there's a lot of cognitive dissonance in admonishing folks for not adequately complaining about political or media narratives while simultaneously giving credence to a highly speculative and conspiracy ridden article that pushes a rather convenient narrative for its POV

Edited by mtutiger

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Gotta say, there's a lot of cognitive dissonance in admonishing folks for not adequately complaining about political or media narratives while simultaneously giving credence to a highly speculative and conspiracy ridden article that pushes a rather convenient narrative for its POV

For the record, Sherlock, I never said jack shit about a "highly speculative and conspiracy ridden article that pushes a rather convenient narrative for its POV."

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The facts are the suspect had numerous right wing conspiracy theories on his social media. The police report stated he was asking where's Nancy. Paul was attacked with the hammer because the suspect was looking to assassinate Nancy Pelosi. There is absolutely zero proof either was homosexual and this was a homosexual encounter turned violent. It's a full stop batshit conspiracy theory based in zero fact.

Thanks, but I'll wait on the SFPD.

2 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Thanks, but I'll wait on the SFPD.

"The chief said officers saw the intruder hitting Pelosi with a hammer and tackled him. It is unclear how long the intruder was inside before Pelosi was able to call 911.

The suspect, David DePape, reportedly searched the house for Speaker Nancy Pelosi allegedly shouting "where's Nancy? Where's Nancy?"

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/sfpd-chief-pelosi-hammer-attack-came-seconds-after-police-arrived/

Once again, no evidence Paul was the intended target and this was some gay lovers quarrel.

7 minutes ago, Screwball said:

For the record, Sherlock, I never said jack shit about a "highly speculative and conspiracy ridden article that pushes a rather convenient narrative for its POV."

Fair enough. But taking you at face value, one can assume that you believe the article amplified by Musk is speculative and conspiracy ridden and built on a lie? Particularly given SFPD coming out and saying the two didn't know each other?

Yes? 

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Well, this should put that conspiracy theory to bed.

(Although I doubt it will because it's not the most convenient answer for some folks)

I am not taking a position on what is true and what is not in this case—I am giving Paul Pelosi the benefit of any doubt cast until solid evidence appears—but I will say that I have evolved to never taking the word of the cops for anything.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

I feel extremely confident it wasn’t due to insider trading.  

its nuts to go to such great lengths to avoid the most likely scenario when it’s right in front of your fucking face simply because you don’t like the victim.  That’s some Tucker Carlson shit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2