Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

If you want space consider the area south of Downriver.  I've always wanted to go down that away because then you are still closer to 75 and the rest of the country.  Or out west in the jackson/Manchester area.  The further north you go then the more congested it will be.

The other variable is proximity to the haus frau's college buddies who all live in South Lyon area.  So, expect compromise aplenty to fit that condition.  

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

The other variable is proximity to the haus frau's college buddies who all live in South Lyon area.  So, expect compromise aplenty to fit that condition.  

With the exception of the trumper thing you might be describing Whitmore Lake.   I lived there for a couple years and it was awesome.   That was before trump though

10 minutes ago, pfife said:

With the exception of the trumper thing you might be describing Whitmore Lake.   I lived there for a couple years and it was awesome.   That was before trump though

I think any rural areas will have that problem.   I'm willing to tough out a lot of that so long as movies with subtitles are possible within half an hour (Ann Arbor or Royal Oak). 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:21 PM, romad1 said:

I am really hoping to hit the sweet spot in retirement where I'm close enough to the free-thinking folk of a place like AA and somewhere cheap enough to live and still get down to Comerica Park a couple times a year without having to have too long a commute.  On a lake ideally.  Super Ideally close enough to walk to ice cream at night.   Uber ideally, with enough land where I don't see my neighbor.   Extra uber ideally, with guaranteed no Trumpies within the vicinity. 

My WFH dream would be SW MI... a lot of lakes, affordable, easy access to Detroit or Chicago, etc.

But yeah, that's easier said that done lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It wasn't critical race theory, Exhibit #93895932

I can't find the story now (thanks google) but there was a report out yesterday that senior citizen voting was up 70% over 2016 in the last election. All those seniors who didn't vote for Trump but thought Youngkin was more moderate.

5 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I can't find the story now (thanks google) but there was a report out yesterday that senior citizen voting was up 70% over 2016 in the last election. All those seniors who didn't vote for Trump but thought Youngkin was more moderate.

Finally found it...

https://bluevirginia.us/2022/02/republicans-rode-a-silver-surge-to-victory-in-va-last-year-differential-turnout-persuasion-crt-etc-more-about-juicing-turnout-than-winning-over-voters

Republicans rode a ‘silver surge’ to victory in VA last year. Senior turnout surged to unprecedented levels – somewhat shockingly, more voters over the age of 75 voted in the 2021 election than have in any VA election other than 2020….This chart shows the percent increase in total ballots cast in VA between 2017 and 2021 by age group. There is nothing here that suggests that parents of school children were driven out to the polls by closures, masks, vaccines, etc. Seniors were mobilized though.” – Tom Bonier

Edited by CMRivdogs

17 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't want to get into any particulars about my job, but this USPS situation is causing some headaches for me and my company. 

Hmmmm ... perhaps there is a private enterprise solution to the problem of unreliable postal service? 🙄

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Hmmmm ... perhaps there is a private enterprise solution to the problem of unreliable postal service? 🙄

There is. It's basically customer payments are taking weeks to arrive causing delinquencies. We are trying to push customers to use electronic methods which most do. The issue isn't even traveling across the country. They arrive at the local sort facility and sit there before they are delivered.