Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

There is. It's basically customer payments are taking weeks to arrive causing delinquencies. We are trying to push customers to use electronic methods which most do. The issue isn't even traveling across the country. They arrive at the local sort facility and sit there before they are delivered. 

I was implying the willful destruction of the publicly-funded postal system from the inside by elements who would profit from starting a far more expensive private-enterpirse postal business in its ashes. But, sure, this too.

36 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I was implying the willful destruction of the publicly-funded postal system from the inside by elements who would profit from starting a far more expensive private-enterpirse postal business in its ashes. But, sure, this too.

Wouldn't you need a constitutional amendment to kill the post office?

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Wouldn't you need a constitutional amendment to kill the post office?

Fait accompli works just as well as a constitutional amendment.

That's what it appeared DeJoy was doing last year.

This year not so much. The damage last year that DeJoy inflicted on the USPS can still be felt this year with numerous late/ delayed/ lost shipments (for me personally, but I know this is a common occurrence... at rates that I have never experienced before... and NOT just related to the holiday season, etc...).

But the new vehicles agreement just sucks, IMO; but doesn't necessarily show destruction from the inside...

This is from today’s JVL posting in the Bullwerk

A political aside: There is a faction in American politics which fetishizes the idea of alpha males and “but he fights.” And weirdly enough, that faction seems to be firmly on Russia’s side in this conflict. If that fetish was really about wanting a leader who “fights” then they would be gobsmacked by Zelensky.

Instead, they worship the soft, flabby draft-dodger who tried to blackmail Zelensky.

Watching Zelensky’s conduct over the last few weeks makes Donald Trump’s attempt to use the power of the United States government to blackmail him even more obscene. Trump is not fit to shine Zelensky’s boots. That Trump’s actions were taken not as a private citizen, but as the American head of state should make all of us deeply ashamed.

A lot of Americans in 1938 supported the Nazis over the rest of Europe and considered communism a greater threat than fascism. There were many high profile leaders of this thinking and massive Nazi rallies taking place in, of all places, Madison Square Garden, even daring to put portraits of George Washington on the same stage as Nazi brown shirts brandishing swastikas.

If it's 1938 in America, then God help us all.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

A lot of Americans in 1938 supported the Nazis over the rest of Europe and considered communism a greater threat than fascism. There were many high profile leaders of this thinking and massive Nazi rallies taking place in, of all places, Madison Square Garden, even daring to put portraits of George Washington on the same stage as Nazi brown shirts brandishing swastikas.

If it's 1938 in America, then God help us all.

I don't think Americans new what Hitler and the Nazis were about in 1938.  I believe it wasn't until 1941 or 42 that the first reports of the mass murder of Jews.   Once Hitler showed his true colors and everyone found out what the Nazi were doing, they changed their tune.