Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

12 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Michigan Republican RJ Regan is the front runner to win a special election and be a member of the Michigan House of Representatives once he wins the special election. Tells his daughters if they are raped to lie back and enjoy it.

The religious right and moral majority really does believe women have it coming to them it seems. Notice how no one in the meeting calls his ass out.

I believe there is a tie between this thinking and morality-based opposition to abortion: that women and girls who become pregnant after enjoying sex deserve the punishment of having to bear and raise a baby.

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't think he told his daughters to lie back and enjoy it.  He told them not to do that.  At least that was my interpretation of his rambling.   

Right. He definitely says it, but then follows it up with "That's not how we roll...". He's equating giving up the election fight with laying back and enjoying it. It's a terrible analogy and he is a terrible candidate, don't get me wrong.

2 minutes ago, Shades of Deivi Cruz said:

Right. He definitely says it, but then follows it up with "That's not how we roll...". He's equating giving up the election fight with laying back and enjoying it. It's a terrible analogy and he is a terrible candidate, don't get me wrong.

I agree.  I just hate seeing people say stuff that isn't true when we already have more than enough true stuff we can throw at them.  

Guy Reffitt was found guilty of five felonies — obstruction of an official proceeding, interfering with police in a riot, transporting a firearm for that purpose, armed trespassing and witness tampering.

Reffitt, 49, traveled to D.C. from his home in Wylie, Tex., with an AR-15-style rifle and semiautomatic handgun, and went to the Capitol in what he called “full battle rattle,” including a handgun, a helmet, body armor, radio and flex-cuffs, according to government witnesses and evidence.

“On January 6th, 2021, Guy Reffitt challenged the police at the head of a vigilante mob determined to break into the United States Capitol. He did this because he wanted to take out Congress, and an angry, energized crowd gave him his best shot,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Risa Berkower told a jury of six men and six women in closing arguments Monday.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Let me also clarify. I'm not in favor of term limit laws. I just wish the citizenry of this nation would take it upon themselves to say enough is enough and not follow blindly.

That would happen if they could clearly see.

11 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A lot of gay people go to Florida tourist destinations...............They should stop that immediately

That’s fine with DeSantis because Jesus is gonna come back any day now and if He sees any homos in Florida, He’s gonna be pissed.

6 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

plus making it a felony to seek such medical treatment in another state.

Now that last part is an interesting one because I’ve speculated that once Roe gets overturned and states start banning abortions outright, some of them are going to put riders on their laws making it a felony to obtain or seek an abortion out of state, and will prosecute women when/if they come back.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Now that last part is an interesting one because I’ve speculated that once Roe gets overturned and states start banning abortions outright, some of them are going to put riders on their laws making it a felony to obtain or seek an abortion out of state, and will prosecute women when/if they come back.

the same people that bitch about the government being too involved in our lives, right?    What about HiPPA laws?  Going to overturn that too?   Probably. 

16 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

So, am I missing something with this?   Is the outrage that someone coined "Don't Say Gay" bill and therefore everyone must hate it, or is there a legitimate issue with the law?  For Kindergarten through 3rd grade, schools may not have specific instruction related to sexual orientation.  I'm guessing/hoping common sense provides that same refusal to have specific instruction on sexual orientation to kids up here in Michigan.  

The Libertarian in me wonders why even waste your time with this law as it's for posturing sake anyway, but i'm not sure I understand the outrage, unless that's just the reverse posturing from the other side.

10 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

the same people that bitch about the government being too involved in our lives, right?    What about HiPPA laws?  Going to overturn that too?   Probably. 

You got it all wrong, brother. Those people aren't bitching because the government is too involved in our lives—they're bitching because the government is too involved in their lives.

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

So, am I missing something with this?   Is the outrage that someone coined "Don't Say Gay" bill and therefore everyone must hate it, or is there a legitimate issue with the law?  For Kindergarten through 3rd grade, schools may not have specific instruction related to sexual orientation.  I'm guessing/hoping common sense provides that same refusal to have specific instruction on sexual orientation to kids up here in Michigan.  

The Libertarian in me wonders why even waste your time with this law as it's for posturing sake anyway, but i'm not sure I understand the outrage, unless that's just the reverse posturing from the other side.

Well, some second grader won't hear the term "Gay" so they won't turn gay.   Just make sure they don't watch the Graham Norton Show or Queer Eye or The Conners or anything like that, because that causes people to turn gay.    Because we all know they turn gay, they decide to be gay.  They decide to be ridiculed and bullied and denied basic rights because deciding to be gay is worth it, right?    

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You got it all wrong, brother. Those people aren't bitching because the government is too involved in our lives—they're bitching because the government is too involved in their lives.

Funny thing is that eventually those same leaders might decide to deny them something they do like and then they'll lose their shit.     We're in for an interesting next decade in this country.   

10 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

it’s a government overreach that is meant to do nothing other than marginalize a group of kids that already face marginalization and a much higher rate of bullying and suicide.