Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Every other word out of this moron's mouth is wokeism. Maybe if he stopped trying to date minors....he'd grow up and learn something.

Spoon fed by daddy, got into W&M on a legacy. The guy has never had any real life experience. 

Edited by CMRivdogs

That Gaetz/Austin exchange shows the best and worst of our country. The best is that we have civilian control of the military member of our legislature can talk to a top military guy that way and not be punished.  The worst is that a guy like Gaetz is a member of our legislature. 

• Like 3

Baker may have been the most important person in the 2nd half o the 2th century that wasn't a "leader".   He looks good for his age.  I have his last book but I didn't get too far into it before being distracted.  Need to go back to it.

3 minutes ago, oblong said:

Baker may have been the most important person in the 2nd half o the 2th century that wasn't a "leader".   He looks good for his age.  I have his last book but I didn't get too far into it before being distracted.  Need to go back to it.

I had a second reason for posting this to this thread.  JBIII is among those disgusted by the lunacy of the Trumpist GOP.

22 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I don’t remember a group being like the MTG/Gaetz/Cawthorn/Gosar contingent pre-Trump. You’d find some crazies, but the floodgates opened far and wide six years ago. 

It's not only that the floodgates have opened, add to that how they are handled within their party.  I'm sure this country has never lacked a handful of idiots in congress at any given point, but the majority/minority leaders helped form who represented the party and ensured they hid others from the spotlight.  Today, it's almost like McCarthy is minority leader in name only.  Assuming he would even want to, any attempts at shunning some of those you mentioned might get him called out by Trump.  He has no control.  The patients run the asylum.

16 hours ago, oblong said:

So Oklahoma banned abortions. 
this nation is screwed 

I still contend that if SCOTUS upholds one of these abortion bills we're seeing out of the South, it will be the best thing for the democratic party in the long run.

While Orbán’s appeal may be elusive to those of you who think that liberal democracy defines the West, his attraction for Tucker and other elements of the right is obvious. A substantial faction of the conservative movement now regardshis government “which censors LGBT content, demonizes immigrants and ethnic minorities, extols the virtues of the traditional family, and feuds constantly with the supposed globalists of the European Union” as a political model.

In other words, Orbán gives them that sweet autocratic dopamine hit they so desperately crave, without the whole rotting corpse, war crime, genocide thing. 

This is who they have become.