Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Sounds like a good argument for scrapping the electotal college.  

you say that as if there were a bad argument for scrapping the electoral college......(:classic_biggrin:)

( yeah, I know I argued in the past that winner take all by state has the positive effect of clarifying victories, but the population imbalance and the thus the loss of a true democratic outcome has just gotten too bad for that to matter enough....)

Another thing is we would have known the winner on election night if they had been allowed to count the mail-in ballots ahead of time, but the Republicans didn't want that.  They wanted to make it look like Trump had won and then the election got stolen.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Another thing is we would have known the winner on election night if they had been allowed to count the mail-in ballots ahead of time, but the Republicans didn't want that.  They wanted to make it look like Trump had won and then the election got stolen.  

Bingo.

I’d love for the EC to go away. I used to be a proponent but now understand the problem with giving power to the few. I just don’t see it happening. You won’t get 2/3 of the states to approve an amendment. The National popular vote initiative has some legal issues to be resolved and I’m not sure the makeup of the court would support it.  I see too much wiggle room. At least based on Wikipedia research 😂

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I have to say, I'm with JD Vance on this one. I would love to align ourselves more with France than Russia. 

We've had what, two national elections in the last 60 years where the winner wasn't known at least by early the following morning. He didn't say anything about the EC, that was inferred and I'm not sure he is in favor of killing it.

That said I'm not a fan. Since Mr Madison rarely hangs out a CW I have no idea what his take on it would be today. Next time I see Gen Washington or TJ walking DOG street I'll ask them