Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

I wanted to take a spin on Truth Social to see how long it would take to get banned. Turns out you can only join with an iPhone. That got me thinking of the Freedom Phone that was being hocked by people such as Candace Owens. It's a $100 Chinese Android that they just install conservative apps on and an American flag wallpaper and sell for $500. It made me realize that the lemmings who bought this phone cannot even use Truth Social with it. I was wondering if it was still a thing and found the website. Right on the homepage is a video and the very first sentence spoken is "Name one time in history where the people who ban books, media and opinions were the good guys." You cannot make this up. I have a plugin on my browser called Fakespot that looks for shady reviews and companies, this is what I get when I go on their website:

525372927_Screenshot2022-04-27122816.thumb.jpg.322fe0467c74512472f7b621dc641048.jpg

I've never got this pop up warning on any other site ever. The grift and gaslighting is incredible. 

Edited by Motown Bombers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I wanted to take a spin on Truth Social to see how long it would take to get banned. Turns out you can only join with an iPhone. That got me thinking of the Freedom Phone that was being hocked by people such as Candace Owens. It's a $100 Chinese Android that they just install conservative apps on and an American flag wallpaper and sell for $500. It made me realize that the lemmings who bought this phone cannot even use Truth Social with it. I was wondering if it was still a thing and found the website. Right on the homepage is a video and the very first sentence spoken is "Name one time in history where the people who ban books, media and opinions were the good guys." You cannot make this up. I have a plugin on my browser called Fakespot that looks for shady reviews and companies, this is what I get when I go on their website:

525372927_Screenshot2022-04-27122816.thumb.jpg.322fe0467c74512472f7b621dc641048.jpg

I've never got this pop up warning on any other site ever. The grift and gaslighting is incredible. 

Completely, 100% on brand. 

I know it's old news now when we see the lights finally go on inside the head of ex-GOP intellectuals, but this is still a spot on bit of analysis by Jennifer Rubin even if she is nearly a decade late in getting there....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/27/gop-no-longer-a-party-movement-impose-christian-nationalism/

To explain this, one must acknowledge that the GOP is not a political party anymore. It is a movement dedicated to imposing White Christian nationalism.

The media blandly describes the GOP’s obsessions as “culture wars,” but that suggests there is another side seeking to impose its views on others. In reality, only one side is repudiating pluralistic democracy — White, Christian and mainly rural Americans who are becoming a minority group and want to maintain their political power.

The result is an alarming pattern: Any moment of social progress is soon followed by reactionary panic and claims of victimhood....

.....Our political problems are significant, but they are minor compared with the moral confusion that is afflicting the millions of White Christian Americans who consider themselves victims. Left unaddressed, this will smother calls for empathy, tolerance and justice.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Yeah, the GOP wants Cawthorn under the bus.   Something of a Michael Corleone baptism montage going on in the GOP leadership right now.   Elise Stefanik and McCarthy are about to come to a head. 

MI GOP also forming up a circular firing squad in the wake of their convention.