Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

On 5/8/2022 at 10:15 AM, Motown Bombers said:

I looked up my primary care doctor's Twitter and found out she is following Dr Oz. The account seems dormant. She has only two tweets, both from 2016. Should I be concerned? 

20 bucks your doctor is following Oz because she was tired of getting blindsided by something stupid he said on his 'doctors' show and used it to be prepared to handle questions from her patients.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 8:44 PM, Motown Bombers said:

From someone who recently switched from Outlook to Gmail at work, I absolutely believe this is happening along with the suppression of mails from your boss, calendar invites, peers, etc.  And if you don't catch it immediately and have to search for it....forget about it.

57 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

20 bucks your doctor is following Oz because she was tired of getting blindsided by something stupid he said on his 'doctors' show and used it to be prepared to handle questions from her patients.

Absolutely.  "Dr. Oz said I should put olive oil on my nipples to defend against brain cancer".  You have to defend against that crap if you are a GP today.

It's tragic, sad, and funny all at the same time that a black woman would be commenting on how they are disturbed that they have to ride on a mode of transit with someone else who isn't exactly like them. Can you imagine if Rosa Parks boycotting the Montgomery transit system a second time because a lesbian woman came and sat down beside her?

• Thanks 1

I live close enough to Buffalo to have heard radio and TV ads for Tops Friendly Markets for my whole life.  Their old jingle from the 60s is stuck in my head right now. I have friends who, depending upon exchange rates, have driven over there for groceries.  So it was very chilling to see that come up on the screen today.