Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

33 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not too surprised that woke Twitter is pretty quiet on the Asian guy who tried to do a mass shooting at a church in California. 

I had a feeling he wasn't white based on the reporting.  Not that I saw any reporting initially say what he was, it was just missing from the story.  That's odd.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

I had a feeling he wasn't white based on the reporting.  Not that I saw any reporting initially say what he was, it was just missing from the story.  That's odd.

The articles I've read about the shooting in California indicate have indicated that he was Asian.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

The articles I've read about the shooting in California indicate have indicated that he was Asian.

The church was holding a luncheon reception with a local Taiwanese church honoring a retired pastor. From what Ive seen the victims were all of Asian decent. 

15 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The church was holding a luncheon reception with a local Taiwanese church honoring a retired pastor. From what Ive seen the victims were all of Asian decent. 

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/suspect-in-laguna-woods-church-shooting-idd-as-68-year-old-vegas-man/

The shooting came to an end when, in an act of “extraordinary heroism,” the church’s congregants overpowered the suspect and hogtied him with an extension cord until first responders arrived, authorities said.

A churchgoer told the Los Angeles Times that the pastor hit the gunman with a chair as he was reloading his gun and other churchgoers tackled him.

“I think it’s safe to say, had people not intervened, it could’ve been a lot worse,” Undersheriff Jeff Hallock said Sunday. “There were 30 to 40 people inside.”

Pretty extraordinary considering all the ages of those involved were over 65 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

He’s had second, third and even fourth chances. He’s shown who he is. Any other profession he’d be standing on the street corner faking saxophone tunes to eat

Trump didn't write that.  It doesn't sound like him at all.    

16 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I really don't give a flying .......  If young Mr Self Entitled was anywhere but Congress he'd probably have bankrupted his trust account paying for lawyers to stay out of jail.

44 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I really don't give a flying .......  If young Mr Self Entitled was anywhere but Congress he'd probably have bankrupted his trust account paying for lawyers to stay out of jail.

Trump already bankrupted his along with six companies and somebody bails him out every time.  So, tired of all these jerks.  

14 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Murder is murder. Who cares if it is a hate crime? Unless the sole purpose is to trigger the FBI to investigate some kind of organized activity, I don't get why a big deal is made over whether it is a hate crime or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

Murder is murder. Who cares if it is a hate crime? Unless the sole purpose is to trigger the FBI to investigate some kind of organized activity, I don't get why a big deal is made over whether it is a hate crime or not.

yeah - I don't like 'state of mine' law much in general.  As Yoda would say, You either did, or did not do.

On 5/16/2022 at 5:15 PM, Tiger337 said:

This is Trump's endorsement of a state house candidate.  No way he'd know these names, but I could see him having some say in this one.

Every RINO runs as a supposed Conservative.  Mitch McConnell says that he's a Conservative, but he isn't.  Mike Shirkey and Lee Chatfield said they were Conservatives, but they are cowards who let Election Fraud happen in Michigan.  The Michigan House has the subpoena returns stored with their so-called lawyers at Warner Norcross, but they won't let anyone see them, including legislators.  What are they hiding?  A thousand affidavits showed voter fraud throughout Michigan, and where were our Legislators? They did Nothing!

Jack Eubanks has taken it upon herself to go out and document voter fraud. This courageous young women went door-to-door in Macomb County and Detroit asking voters if they really voted, and she is finding further proof of the rampant Election Fraud in 2020.  The media could have done this work, but wouldn't.  the Republicans in the Michigan Legislature could have done this work, but they are weak Republicans, so they did nothing.  But Jacky Eubanks has been out there, working hard, on her own.  I wholeheartedly Endorse Jacky Eubanks for Michigan State Representative.  She is an American First Patriot, and I have no doubt that she will have a great future in the Republican Party!

I got to talk to one of her canvassers who assured me the first thing Eubanks would do is impeach Whitmer.  Had a fun conversation for a minute or so and she cut ties and just handed me a brochure, at least she realized she didn't have my vote and wasn't going to waste her time further.

23 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

yeah - I don't like 'state of mine' law much in general.  As Yoda would say, You either did, or did not do.

state of mind has always been an aspect of law- mens rea is a component that must be proven in any crime.  Why do you see "state of mind" as an issue here?  

Are you against insanity defenses as well as those are clearly a "state of mind" issue as well?

Edited by pfife

This nazi bitch explicitly wrote that he was doing this at this particular location to terrorize as many people as possible.    I guess that's no place for "the law" to get involved because it was just "state of mind" huh?

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

state of mind has always been an aspect of law- mens rea is a component that must be proven in any crime.  Why do you see "state of mind" as an issue here?  

Are you against insanity defenses as well as those are clearly a "state of mind" issue as well?

the problem with state of mind is evidentiary, and as this case shows, even though  you may have it in spades, you don't need it at all because there is more than enough to prosecute without it. Thus - legally superfluous.