Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Not necessarily either-or. Could have been both-and.

For sure.  

The Russians tried.  Hard to prove they did actually get in and change vote totals.  The official story is they did not.  

Edited by romad1

I don't think any votes were "stolen".  Any fraud that was there was probably what's typical for a given year.  But now everyone's learned the weak points in the system , the crazy people have risen to the surface, so any close election going forward will be open to criticism by the crazy people.

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

I don't think any votes were "stolen".  Any fraud that was there was probably what's typical for a given year.  But now everyone's learned the weak points in the system , the crazy people have risen to the surface, so any close election going forward will be open to criticism by the crazy people.

I wouldn’t bet real, actual money that Tump helped mastermind some elaborate scheme to strategically steal votes in swing states to put him over the top despite losing the popular vote.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

I wouldn’t bet real, actual money that Tump helped mastermind some elaborate scheme to strategically steal votes in swing states to put him over the top despite losing the popular vote.

I don't think he and his team would have known how to do that yet.  He was still a loser and the party kept him at arm's length until that night when he won.   They didn't have the infrastructure that comes with being a President.  

Four killed at a hospital in Oklahoma yesterday. I wonder if there was armed security there? Guess we should only have one entrance open at the hospitals now. Guess doctors, nurses, surgical technicians, pharmacists, pharmacy, technicians janitors, and cafeteria workers should all be carrying guns now at all times. It is a doctors duty to protect their patients health, so not only should you look out for the tumor on the CT scan, you should look around every corner for a potential gunman.

Also, the gunman committed suicide, so looks like yet another case where a good guy with a gun didn't stop a bad guy with a gun. Also, if we did have doctors, nurses, and hospital staff carrying a gun, are we literally suggesting hospital staff have a shootout, at a place of wellness like a hospital, in front of patients? Also, if you've ever been inside a hospital, you will realize that most of them have hallways that twist and turn, with multiple corners to go around and multiple doors to go through. So if the person dresses to blend in, versus wearing apparel that stands out, whose going to be able to identify the active shooter if a majority of people are carrying and staff/visitors are shooting everywhere?

I don't think this is the type of America people want to live in, with guns everywhere and shootouts occurring at schools, daycare centers, grocery stores, hospitals, doctors offices, dentist offices, chiropractic offices, places of worship, movie theaters, putt-putt golf centers, laser tag facilities, amusement parks, bars, restaurants, fast food restaurants, shopping malls, antique stores, strip clubs, museums, zoos, anywhere.

But if you vote Republicans into a majority in the House and Senate and elect one as President in 2024, this is the type of America you will get.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, oblong said:

I don't think he and his team would have known how to do that yet.  He was still a loser and the party kept him at arm's length until that night when he won.   They didn't have the infrastructure that comes with being a President.  

I can think of some potential confederates of his who would know.

It had not occurred to me that the point here was to propagate and legitimize a counter-narrative about Trump and Russia, versus an honest attempt to convict Sussmann, but knowing these people and who their backers are, it makes total sense.

We’ve always had such kooks around us, but one big difference now is that instead of living in their basements and going into the woods and distributing unhinged propaganda through hand-made pamphlets, now they can get a nice condo in the suburbs and clean themselves up and put on makeup and go into a nice studio with an impressive greenscreen and distribute unhinged propaganda through videos.

10 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

When you agree with Joe Walsh

He's also on the board of Fox News or whatever the group is called....

another one that was massively disappointing to me.  He could have been President. I believe it strongly.  

20 minutes ago, oblong said:

He's also on the board of Fox News or whatever the group is called....

another one that was massively disappointing to me.  He could have been President. I believe it strongly.  

Yeah, he could have.  The comments about Rohrabacher and the other congressman being on the take from Russia were what killed him with the GOP.