Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 hours ago, chasfh said:

Sure, and let’s be real, all the red hats knows he did all this stuff. Not even one person on that side denies that. When was the last time you said to a red hat you hate something Trump did and they replied, “he didn’t do that”? They know they can’t. Instead it’s always whatabout Democrat so-and-so. 

See? This is what I mean. Maybe it's not literally always "whatabout Democrat so-and-so", but it's never "Trump didn’t do that”, amirite?

Edited by chasfh

4 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I have no expectation.  An ex-President is "too big to fail".  

too true. And even if you convict him of something, it's no guarantee we are rid of him. Look at Silvio Berlusconi. The one hope is that Trump is at least already older.

Edited by gehringer_2

This sham of a committee is an democrat election ploy trying to take the spotlight off the failed Biden administration and their policies that are hurting the American people and the country so badly.  The democrats have even hired TV production to make the hearing better TV.   Anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is and the gullible latch on to their party's every word thinking "We have something here!"  Sorry but its just another democrat goat f*@%.  Don't even think for a minute its bipartisan.  Those two RINO clowns are not even close to being conservatives.  The democrats are leading them around like dogs and they're too dumb to realize it.

2 minutes ago, Archie said:

This sham of a committee is an democrat election ploy trying to take the spotlight off the failed Biden administration and their policies that are hurting the American people and the country so badly.  The democrats have even hired TV production to make the hearing better TV.   Anyone with half a brain can see it for what it is and the gullible latch on to their party's every word thinking "We have something here!"  Sorry but its just another democrat goat f*@%.  Don't even think for a minute its bipartisan.  Those two RINO clowns are not even close to being conservatives.  The democrats are leading them around like dogs and they're too dumb to realize it.

We get it.  If you don't kiss Trump's ass, you're a RINO.  

Anyone with half a brain doesn't need this committee to know Trump is guilty.  He told us he was going to do it starting in 2016, he broadcasted as he did it and now he brags about it and profits from it.  It is so obvious, but suckers like you just keep kissing his ass.  

Edited by Tiger337

11 minutes ago, Archie said:

It took Tucker Carlson an hour to say that.  Well done.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Archie said:

Those two RINO clowns are not even close to being conservatives. 

RINO clowns, GTFO.  Both are more conservative than Trump.  The scary part is, I don't think you're lying about what you're saying, I think you believe it.   As your buddy Alex Jones likes to say "You're in the cult, bro!"

I don't necessarily believe Trump calculated and planned out what happened.  He's not smart enough to do that.  But when his rhetoric stirred up folks to the point where they did do it, he chose not to defend America, but rather sit back and cheer on a bunch of lawless dipshits.   Your president that you claim is 'America first' allowed the Capitol building to be attacked and did nothing.  He's a seditious POS.

Biden does suck.  I even voted for him as I wanted an adult in charge and he's been slow to act on just about everything.  I still have a country I can be proud of under Biden though, not a failed system which we would have had if Trump got his way.  Additionally, you and every GOP member that backed Trump, you are just as liable for the issues going on today.  Biden wouldn't have beaten a decent GOP candidate.  But the GOP is to weak and chicken shit to check Trump and is happy to walk towards Fascism under him.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Archie said:

This from the party that held seven meetings on Benghazi.  Numerous investigations on Afghanistan. Fast and Furious, Solyndra,  so called IRS targeting by Obama. Not to mention how many investigations into a supposed real estate scheme by the Clintons that did yield an impeachment count of lying under oath. 

Don't think for a minute any of the above investigations were bipartisan. Trump is leading you around like dogs. He's bilking you just like he did with Trump U. Third class products like Trump beef and Trump wine. Bad real estate deals, etc. And you have been way too stupid to realize it because he supposedly shares your prejudices. You are nothing to him but a cash cow, but you are really a lamb being lead to slaughter. When he's finished he'll toss you aside like filthy underwear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Archie said:

Serious question, have you ever written a research paper in your life? Do you know the process of putting research together and validating that research through a works cited page or bibliography? I ask because it is always projection and conjecture when you post and very little evidence, fact finding or source citing.

You continuously make claims about "Biden hurting the American people so badly" or him having dementia/alzheimer's (like Ronald Reagan did when he was in the White House) but routinely fail to cite or provide any concrete evidence to backup your claims. I think many of us would much rather debate you if you tried validating your claims with credible sourcing and citation of evidence. Whether you want to find evidence from Wall Street Journal, American Enterprise Institute, Heritage Foundation, Heartland, hell, even credible, factual stories from Fox News or sources from mainstream media outlets or centrist think tanks, give us something. It is constant conjecture and finger pointing from you without backing up the claims.

Sure, a lot of that, plus a lot of hand wringing, went on during the course of the Mueller Investigation. Myself, others here, were all guilty of that from time to time. But, a lot of us still like to engage in factual debates, grounded in reality. Sure, we may also be partisan or ideologically driven often too. I don't dispute that. But generally, we don't live in a world of fiction, created within our own ideological ecosphere. When asked to, we can backup and validate our claims on a host of issues with credible, cited evidence and facts.

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Serious question...

Good stuff, but I think the disconnect is you're asking him questions under the assumption he's posting in good faith.  He's not.   

He posts crap like that but says he's not a Trump supporter.

Edited by pfife

I'm going to paraphrase Jonathan V Last's comments in today's Bullwerk since his comments are behind their paywall.

These hearing are on the Republican Party. They are what the Republicans chose because they refused to go along with a proposal to for an investigation similar to what the country had after 9/11

Imagine if the Republicans had followed through on the outrage that immediately followed 1/6. That that the Republican leadership had called for Trump's resignation. Or if he wouldn't resign voted for his impeachment and removal.

If that had happened these hearings would not pose any danger to Republican leadership. The political danger would only adhere to Trump and his minions.

Instead the Republicans chose to back Trump's coup attempt and instead oppose the consequences of their collective actions. They have spent the last 18 months making excuses or covering up his actions. 

The Republican Party owns these hearings. They are the ones that made it political because of their actions.

As an aside, I'm old enough to remember when Republicans had enough balls to actually do the right thing. And take responsibility for the actions of a President whose supporters committed illegal acts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, pfife said:

Good stuff, but I think the disconnect is you're asking him questions under the assumption he's posting in good faith.  He's not.   

He posts crap like that but says he's not a Trump supporter.

I get that. I used to somewhat be that way in my old days around here, so I certainly understand that style of posting he uses.

One of my favorites from that time period was a thread I started bashing on Amtrak. I remember starting a whole thread about the failures of the Amtrak system simply so I could use that as broader conjecture to link the failings of an underfunded transit system to the broader system of government, trying to point out that because Amtrak had shortcomings that must mean all government programs are destined to fail or have done so already. I wasn't arguing facts or researched information and I wasn't living in the complex realities of the world we live in. Nor was I looking into the underpinnings of what Amtrak failed to live up to expectations.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Helpful Tip:  It’s so much more palpable if you imagine circus music in your head when you read Archie posts.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I get that. I used to somewhat be that way in my old days around here, so I certainly understand that style of posting he uses.

One of my favorites from that time period was a thread I started bashing on Amtrak. I remember starting a whole thread about the failures of the Amtrak system simply so I could use that as broader conjecture to link the failings of an underfunded transit system to the broader system of government, trying to point out that because Amtrak had shortcomings that must mean all government programs are destined to fail or have done so already. I wasn't arguing facts or researched information and I wasn't living in the complex realities of the world we live in. Nor was I looking into the underpinnings of what Amtrak failed to live up to expectations.

if it makes you feel any better you were really good at arguing that really bad stuff haha

Edited by pfife

step back a tad, that's the kind of conservatives I miss around here, and it's related to that Volts tweet I posted.   You guys (Oblong, you, OMF, Shabba, etc) would make arguments.  Now it's just like Volts said, it's just flood the zone malarkey.

That said Oblong was super trolly back in the day unlike me