Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Bannon is one of the biggest pieces of trash in the country.  He is nothing but a scam artist using the MAGAs to make a buck.    

I think I liked the actual Breitbart guy who loved the "new romantic" music of the 80s and hated bullies.  These creeps that occupy his space now are the worst humans.

14 hours ago, mtutiger said:

The subtext here is that Elise is pissed that the hearing wasn't like one of those typical one's where the average American listens to the arguing between politicians and speechifying for Twitter and campaign content and throws their hands up in the air.

Kevin M had that choice and chose not to avail himself of it lol

I guess the good thing is the next 6 sessions begin at 10AM, including this morning at 10AM.

15 hours ago, mtutiger said:

The subtext here is that Elise is pissed that the hearing wasn't like one of those typical one's where the average American listens to the arguing between politicians and speechifying for Twitter and campaign content and throws their hands up in the air.

Kevin M had that choice and chose not to avail himself of it lol

So, in other words, it was a not political circus.

11 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

More projection! I do one thing but accuse you of doing it. Projection is the playbook for the GOP.

The fire hose of projection is becoming so common, so obvious, and so brazen that even once it registers with people, they’ll eventually be just amused by it rather than horrified, leading to mere resigned acceptance rather than action-inducing outrage. I assume this is an actual strategy used by authoritarian regimes that pattern themselves on Soviet-style tactics.

23 hours ago, romad1 said:

the US Army teaches that if you are in an ambush you attack hard. 

The thing that concerns me about this is basically what you say: the more against the wall you push someone, the harder they come back at you.

The thing that gives me hope about that is that the harder they came back at us, the more people reject the messaging.

The key is whether the people have the power to strip these fascists of any ability to remake America in their image. I think we still do as of this moment.

11 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

If they have a legitimate chance to indict him they should do it.  The chaos which ensues won't be good, but we kind of have to get it over with if we are going to continue as a great country.   I really doubt they'll have the courage to do so.  

It may depend on their calculation of whether they believe the norms of behavior by themselves will strong enough to hold the country together and preserve democracy. If they calculate they those behavioral norms cannot do so, they’ll indict. If they believe that the norms are strong enough to defeat the fascists, they probably won’t.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I guess the good thing is the next 6 sessions begin at 10AM, including this morning at 10AM.

I wonder whether this is a jiu-jitsu move of some sort—pretending that 10am is preferable to prime time to try to convince the American people that is the actual case, when obviously the impact may be muted by running them outside of prime time. After all, come on, she knows the upcoming schedule as well as anyone.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I've seen other sources say it is a legit emergency and that his wife is in labor. 

Be that as it may in this case, I’m keeping my eye on this possibility. It does seem like it would be a pretty convenient out For people just minutes before showtime.