Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

20 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I did a search for this and it was all tabloid/Murdoch/daily caller/Washington examiner sources, fwiw. 

I'm shocked that search results would be set in a way that the average person taking a quick look would call the information into question..... heh

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/27/politics/hunter-biden-paternity-case-child-support/index.html

13 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I did a search for this and it was all tabloid/Murdoch/daily caller/Washington examiner sources, fwiw. 

I read the article you referred to on the Washington Examiner. Did you read the article or blow it off because of the source? Interesting piece. Hunter’s lawyers aren’t responding to requests to discuss it which may mean nothing but lawyers are usually about defending a client if the allegations are false. Much of the article is very specific with times, dates, and names. Point being, if this article is a fabricated attempt to slander Hunter Biden, I would guess they are leaving themselves wide open to a law suit. Interesting.

7 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I read the article you referred to on the Washington Examiner. Did you read the article or blow it off because of the source? Interesting piece. Hunter’s lawyers aren’t responding to requests to discuss it which may mean nothing but lawyers are usually about defending a client if the allegations are false. Much of the article is very specific with times, dates, and names. Point being, if this article is a fabricated attempt to slander Hunter Biden, I would guess they are leaving themselves wide open to a law suit. Interesting.

Page views = money for the source. I don't support rags by clicking on them and giving them ad revenue.

Also wasn't particularly interested in this, so it wasn't worth reading up on. It isn't important.

Edited by Edman85

3 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Am I to understand you’re avoiding the substance of the above article. 😉

No, you are to understand that I was directly responding to your post regarding the authors opening themselves up to lawsuit. haha

I'm fine with admitting I wouldn't read the Washington Examiner.  Here's another one, Stephen Moore was on C-Span this morning and I turned his dumb lyin ass off too.   You can call it a logical fallacy if you'd like, I call it informed consumership and capitalism depends on not consuming bad products as if they're good products.  

Edited by pfife

2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Page views = money for the source. I don't support rags by clicking on them and giving them ad revenue.

Also wasn't particularly interested in this, so it wasn't worth reading up on. It isn't important.

It was important enough for you to express your opinion on it earlier. 

10 minutes ago, pfife said:

Am I to understand that republicans typically don't leave themselves open to slander/libel lawsuits?

Fox News, after terrorizing Seth Rich's family for years with lies about his son, is literally involved in multi-billion dollar libel lawsuits with Dominion and Smartmatic.  And that's supposed to the "mainstream" conservative option.

So yeah, I can't blame anyone for being a little skeptical of the tabloid/Murdoch/daily caller/Washington examiner sources

Edited by mtutiger

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Are these the same tabloids that said Ted Cruz's father assassinated Kennedy? 

Is this another ‘What About’ venture? This started out with a specific article about a specific topic. That didn’t last long. Any comment on the Biden piece? Have you read either link posted, including the CNN link? 

• Haha 1

Just now, 1776 said:

Is this another ‘What About’ venture? This started out with a specific article about a specific topic. That didn’t last long. Any comment on the Biden piece? Have you read either link posted, including the CNN link? 

This started off about Herschel Walker having a son he didn't acknowledge and became what about Joe Biden who didn't put out a stocking for a grandchild he may or may not have. You seriously going to go there? 

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It was important enough for you to express your opinion on it earlier. 

He didn't express an opinion on the subject matter other than to say he didn't think the sources were credible.  

Edited by Tiger337

Herschel Walker, the Republican Senate nominee in Georgia who has been a vocal critic of absentee fathers in Black households, acknowledged Tuesday that he has a second son with whom he has little interaction.

The twitter post on this thread two hours ago would imply he hasn’t acknowledged the son. So, as reported in several media outlets, he now has. Of course, it was for political reasons. I’m fully aware of that and the fact that had he not been running for office he likely would never have spoken up. 

2 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Herschel Walker, the Republican Senate nominee in Georgia who has been a vocal critic of absentee fathers in Black households, acknowledged Tuesday that he has a second son with whom he has little interaction.

The twitter post on this thread two hours ago would imply he hasn’t acknowledged the son. So, as reported in several media outlets, he now has. Of course, it was for political reasons. I’m fully aware of that and the fact that had he not been running for office he likely would never have spoken up. 

Seems to me, this overall is low on the scale of reasons why he would be a bad choice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

The Twitter post said he hasn't acknowledged his son which is true. Now that is has come to light, he has acknowledged it. The real issue is that Walker has not been involved in the child's life while he simultaneously preaches about absentee fathers. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Really? Being a deadbeat dad is overall low for the party that once claimed to be the party of morals and family values? I wonder how much child support walker owes....

Have you heard some of the crap he has said?  I'm not saying this isn't bad, but it's lower on the list of reasons why I don't want him in DC.    

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Seems to me, this overall is low on the scale of reasons why he would be a bad choice.

Generally speaking, perhaps not. I don’t know if Walker has ever outright denied the existence of the son or not. I doubt it to be honest. If he has, that would be the deal breaker for me. 

I watched the video clip and the Trump supporter/January Sixer says "We're coming to take you out. We're coming to pull you by your hairs. You're gonna need a shine up on top of that bald head when I get done with you."

I remember when a deranged individual who was a Bernie Sanders supporter and campaign volunteer shot up a Congressional baseball game and wounded Congressman Steve Scalise. Bernie Sanders was quick to condemn the man and his action in the strongest possible terms. He then continued to condemn the man on the Sunday Shows after the situation happened.

I remember when January Sixers assaulted Capitol Police and attempted a coup to overthrow the government on January 6th 2020. Kevin McCarthy was quick and swift to condemn their actions and those of President Trump. Two weeks later, he was quick and swift to be a bootlicking, partisan hack and walk back almost all of his prior condemnation.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad
  • Thanks 1