Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

17 hours ago, pfife said:

I didn't understand what you meant when you said it before but now I do and its totally true.

It's quite ingenious from a purely tactical level.   

A lot of folks downplay what happened in the First Impeachment, saying it wasn't impeachable, etc.... but it's honestly one of the most clear and instructive events as to how Trump operates. And how it's more like what we associate with a Mob Boss than an American President. 

The parallels between what he asked Zelensky to do with what he himself attempted to have done with the DOJ are hard to miss.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Interesting theory. 

Perhaps his idea is that he'll simply replace anyone in leadership who quits with loyalists just competent enough to do his exact bidding.

And if rank-and-file employees quit by the thousands, he'll either recruit out of C and D county law firms, or simply defund Justice at the field level and make do.

40 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Has Abramson ever predicted anything correctly?  He's been talking about Trump getting nailed for six years and nothing ever happens.  

I have heard this change of tone from some people who I sort of trust.  Benjamin Wittes of Lawfare and the guy who used to be solicitor general who is often on NBC.   I would take Seth with a grain of salt but he might be right about this.

5 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

They don't even try to disguise their brown shirts anymore.

She made sure to use the word "patriot" there too, which is now a value-loaded dog whistle word unfit for use by anyone except a white supremacist.  "Heritage" has been ruined in the same way.

16 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I am honestly at a loss for words at how absolutely stupid that woman's comments are.  It makes all of the people on the right look bad.  That ruling, whether you agree or disagree with it, had nothing to do with race.  If it had, and this lady had any brains, she would see that black women have more abortions than any other demographic and white women the least.  The correct response would've been Trump correcting her and then tell her he wouldn't share the stage with her. 

Edited by Archie

7 hours ago, ben9753 said:

When has Trump ever admonished neo nazis that support him? He never has  because he’s gutless. And that’s the most charitable explanation. 

in his eyes, there is nothing wrong with a neo nazi.  If that neo nazi can help him in some way, that is all that matters. The nazi vote is useful to him.   

22 hours ago, romad1 said:

I have heard this change of tone from some people who I sort of trust.  Benjamin Wittes of Lawfare and the guy who used to be solicitor general who is often on NBC.   I would take Seth with a grain of salt but he might be right about this.

One in the media I like a lot is Michael Isikoff on Skullduggery and he's been on the skeptical side of all of this but recently hard this change of tone as well.