Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

This may be a clue:

Witness intimidation is a form of obstruction of justice and under 18 U.S. Code § 1512, it's a federal crime to interfere with witness testimony or cooperation in a criminal case.

In order to be charged with witness tampering, it has to be proven you attempted to alter or prevent witness testimony. It's important to note the action doesn't actually have to be completed.

https://www.thefederalcriminalattorneys.com/federal-witness-tampering

But this is not a criminal case.

9 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

That is nothing about nothing.

Didn't watch the Wire so I ain't gonna talk about it.

Except: WTF does that have to do with Trump avoiding prison time for 40 years?

The point being that eventually everyone gets their comeuppance.  Everyone.

I did a quick wikipedia just to figure out your reference.

He gets killed at the end?

I still don't see the reference. Everyone gets their comeuppance? So Trump is soon to be killed?

Dude... If you want to pop-ref...

How about "The Teflon Don"?

SOOOO much more appropriate...!

8 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

He's Teflon Donald until I see him in a prison uniform.

I know you want to say otherwise, and in theory, I agree with you 100%. Absolutely.

I just want to... see it before I believe it.

I understand your position.  You have to treat him like a mafia boss.  Eventually they go down.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I agree with 84. Trump seems to be a cat, with 9 lives, immune to any real accountability. I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to him facing prison time.

Rommel was the desert fox until her ran out of gas and the Allies came at him from Tunisia and Egypt.   Keep at it.  Don't give in to fear. 

28 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Errrr …

My friend in the US Postal Service investigative unit which makes him a federal cop, says they are constantly dealing with packages from China that have this stuff in it.  It is pretty dangerous in small quantities. 

Do you believe that Merrick Garland or someone in his DOJ will indict Donald Trump on a crime related to January 6th or the 2020 Election, yes or no?

My answer is no and I want to be wrong in the worst way. There seems to be this horrible doctrine among people in DC, including the legal community, that the President of the United States is above the law and any penalties it may impose, I feel like Garland subscribes to that narrative, as does an institutionalist like Biden. Furthermore, they don't like the political optics of potentially prosecuting a future political opponent. I feel like we will get a half-baked, Robert Muller type of answer from the DOJ where they will point out improprieties of Trump and stop short of calling out the criminality or calling what he did criminally illegal. Thus, he will escape legal liabilities and get to do another "I was exonerated" world tour and victory lap as he did after the Mueller Investigation,.

It took two years before anyone within Nixon's orbit were indicted and it still hadn't reached Nixon yet. Nixon was going to get indicted if he hadn't been pardoned. Watergate pales in comparison to this insurrection. There have already been 800 arrests. People need to calm down. My concern is a Republican will win in 2024 because Democrats are still throwing their tantrum and that president will pardon Trump and everyone who kept quiet.