Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:My concern is a Republican will win in 2024 because Democrats are still throwing their tantrum and that president will pardon Trump and everyone who kept quiet. 

I guess the question would be whether it would make it politically more costly for a future GOP president  to pardon Trump if he has been indicted. 

Was following this last night.   The implication is that this thug was reaching out to someone he normally had NO regular contact with to convince them to stay on side.   Which is witness tampering.   So, was not Hope Hicks who likely fellated Trump on the regular. 

the GOP is just great at using not only their hostage media but mainstream media to make it seems that defending some trans women is an attack on "regular" women. not true, but truth is irrelevant. now it has picked up speed and Dems are again on the defensive. confirming they are too woke, so we must vote for terrorists and insurrectionists.

According to Joe Trippi on the Bulwark Podcast, Dems look to gain seats in the Senate because of all the crazy. 

1. Crazy Town

This week Joe Trippi sat down with Bill Kristol to talk about the midterms and the Democratic party’s prospects and Trippi was . . . pretty upbeat?

Let me start by saying that Trippi is one of the two or three smartest guys around on politics. He shoots straight. He’s totally clear-eyed. He never engages in wishcasting and he’s never playing an angle.

Joe Trippi has the rare ability to see around corners. So when he talks, I listen, hard.

So here are the big points Trippi makes about the midterms:

(1) Democrats stand to increase their margin in the Senate because Republicans have nominated such bad candidates.

Trippi ticks through the seven Senate races that matter the most and the Republican is not leading in any of them and in four of them—Pennsylvania, Ohio, Georgia, Arizona—Democrats are leading.

Now, maybe the environment will deteriorate further for Democrats in the next 12 weeks. But these cakes are usually mostly baked by Labor Day.

Further, Trippi argues that in wave elections, having bad candidates at the top of the ticket often acts like a jetty, breaking up the wave as it reaches shore. And guys like Dr. Oz, Herschel Walker, and Blake Masters are walking, talking jetties.

Was cued to this from The Bulwark pod from yesterday.   HOLY CRAP.  Why is Bannon?  Why is Trump?  Why are any of their accomplices still at large?  

Pre Election.   Oh, and the casual laughter by the people listening....  GOD DAMN THEM ALL! 

After all this, including this, are they still not going to bring the indictments? Trump World is going to get away with it all, in the past and the future? So, what … so we can say our long national nightmare is over? We will be truly good and fucked if it goes down like that.

14 minutes ago, oblong said:

I don’t think we can expect indictments immediately after a story gets posted on Twitter.  

I think you understand I’m not demanding immediate indictments. I’m just saying if all this stuff gets revealed, and they don’t even try going after Trump World, we’re basically done.

I think the DOJ is working on it and it takes longer than folks think.   At least I hope.

Or things that folks think is a crime may not be, or there's not enough evidence to convict...  like the DOJ can't prosecute trump b/c he called a witness and the witness didn't take the call.   There's no evidence of what Trump was calling about.  We may all think it's obvious and maybe it is but that's not enough to convict. 

The case has to be beyond air tight.   If they prosecute and lose.... eesh. 

Edited by pfife

SO,

noticing on Twitter the trend for "Epsteined" which indicates that the death of Ivana Trump was because she could be a problem for Trump.   It identifies the helicopter crash of three Trump Tower executives in 1989 was super convenient for Trump and so forth.

Basically...come on.  Don't buy in.  I hate to give this oxygen. 

But a part of me is amused that every death along the way can be part of a problematic myth of Trump murders like the Clinton's have had to deal with.