Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

22 hours ago, chasfh said:

Kinzinger could run for senator of Illinois and probably have a decent chance.

Apparently not helping Cheney in WY though. By double digit margins, Start-Trib poll says WY Repubs think Cheney's work is a 'distraction from serving WY'.   

Well, OK then.

Bret Stephens, ex WSJ and current NYT token op-ed conservative, wrote a column this week saying he realizes he made a mistake in calling Trump voters horrible people because you'll never change the mind of someone you treat that way. He's probably correct on strategy, but man, that's a high bar to meet.

Edited by gehringer_2

On my usual tour of Michigan in the Summer.  Not seeing as much Trump paraphernalia as I used to see.  The Breezewood entrance to the PA Turnpike still has a giant Trump/Pence billboard which just seems like yesterday's papers.  Didn't that idiot who bought that giant billboard know that Mike Pence is the anti-Trump?

7 hours ago, romad1 said:

On my usual tour of Michigan in the Summer.  Not seeing as much Trump paraphernalia as I used to see.  The Breezewood entrance to the PA Turnpike still has a giant Trump/Pence billboard which just seems like yesterday's papers.  Didn't that idiot who bought that giant billboard know that Mike Pence is the anti-Trump?

My occasional drive between here and Chicago a few weeks ago was the same... people seem to have largely put the flags and signs away for now anyway 

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

My occasional drive between here and Chicago a few weeks ago was the same... people seem to have largely put the flags and signs away for now anyway 

The bitter enders are always going to be out there.  e.g., The old women in Germany I saw in the 80s wearing black because Der Fuhrer was dead.

There are still people selling Trump merch to those people. 

13 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Apparently not helping Cheney in WY though. By double digit margins, Start-Trib poll says WY Repubs think Cheney's work is a 'distraction from serving WY'.   

Well, OK then.

Bret Stephens, ex WSJ and current NYT token op-ed conservative, wrote a column this week saying he realizes he made a mistake in calling Trump voters horrible people because you'll never change the mind of someone you treat that way. He's probably correct on strategy, but man, that's a high bar to meet.

Wyoming is decidedly not Illinois.