Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

14 minutes ago, oblong said:

Henry Ford II was offered VW by the US government as a reward for getting out of the navy to go home to turn around Ford during the war as his grandfather was becoming loony and things were getting dicey.. They needed the plants running to win.  Ford turned them down. 

My fellow scouting parent who works at VW is amused at Ford missing that chance.  

Edit:  the crazy thing is that Ford might/likely would have destroyed VW if it had consumed it.  It wouldn't have the German energy that it had.  

Edited by romad1

17 minutes ago, romad1 said:

My fellow scouting parent who works at VW is amused at Ford missing that chance.  

Edit:  the crazy thing is that Ford might/likely would have destroyed VW if it had consumed it.  It wouldn't have the German energy that it had.  

Right.  What made VW work was it’s utility and simplicity.  The demographic wasn’t sexy in a corporate sense. At that time they wanted people buying new every year. 

You can't make this stuff up

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/2022/08/05/utah-company-fined-replacing/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Shot..

If your fashion sense resides in that sweet spot between the sophistication of Affliction t-shirts and the jingoistic flag-humping of a Jon McNaughton painting you may have already encountered “Lions Not Sheep.”

For everyone else: Lions Not Sheep is a Utah-based clothing company launched in 2016 that makes stridently pro-America, pro-gun, pro-Trump shirts, hats and apparel.

Kicker...

Every order comes with a free copy of the U.S. Constitution because they love America. So much so, in fact, that they had made a big deal about all their clothing being manufactured right here in the U.S. of A.

That is, they used to.

Last week, the owner of “Lions Not Sheep” agreed to pay a $211,335 fine to the Federal Trade Commission after the agency accused the company of cutting the labels that said “Made in China” or other countries out of their clothes and stamping them “Made in USA”.

As part of the settlement, the company agreed to cease its label fraud, not promote foreign-made products as American made and contact everyone who has purchased a garment since May 2021 and (sheepishly, I presume) tell them about the deception.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm picturing that as an FBI agent with his gun unholstered (but not pointing at anyone) barking out "Make the Fucking Call!"...

As the Sheep Not Lions employee goes down the list of MAGA Sheep that he or she is required to call to inform them that their Made in the USA product was actually Made in CHEYE-NA... muttering: "But it was just a little label thing...".

5 hours ago, romad1 said:

Which is it? 

Self-indulged MTG aka the Veruca Salt of the RW aka America's pap smear deserves for both to be true!

I have the same belief about Santa Claus that she does about January 6. No one can convince that the name "mom" written on the from line of the gift tag isn't actually Santa in disguise. Somehow though, since I was about 8 or 9, I noticed that when I wake up on Christmas morning, the milk and cookies are still there untouched. Maybe Santa doesn't like them anymore?

This was news this morning...nobody posted this!?

He's so flaming wrong about the German generals.  They were heavily bribed of course.  That didn't stop some of them including big names like Rommel from actively plotting Hitler's death.  The Prussian arrogance and tradition and Hitler's gutter gangsterism did not mesh.  You can see that best depicted in the various "Downfall" memes.  He's degrading and debasing his most loyal Generals. 

The smartest German generals ignored Hitler or filed rather than complied with his most insane commands.  

Edited by romad1