Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

I love how McCarthy says AG should preserve documents but nothing about Trump doing that.   More "I can tell you what to do, you can't tell me what to do" trash from the GOP. 

I totally hope they don't win the House, but if they do, clearly the AG should just not honor the subpoenas.  

The other thing I love is "if they can do this to a former president, they can do this to anyone!" I keep hearing.

Were there people who actually thought this couldn't happen to them before they did this to a former president?  If so, what fucking world do you live in?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, pfife said:

I love how McCarthy says AG should preserve documents but nothing about Trump doing that.   More "I can tell you what to do, you can't tell me what to do" trash from the GOP. 

I totally hope they don't win the House, but if they do, clearly the AG should just not honor the subpoenas.  

Oh something tells me that the DOJ has made sure to have absolutely everything legally air-tight for this one.  

Just now, pfife said:

The other thing I love is "if they can do this to a former president, they can do this to anyone!" I keep hearing.

Were there people who actually thought this couldn't happen to them before they did this to a former president?  If so, what fucking world do you live in?

Yes, they could do it for me.  They can raid my house looking for documents I illegally removed from the White House.    I would welcome them.   Just don't eat my Trolli sour gummy worms.........and be careful with the grey plastic shelf in the basement,  I don't think it's going to hold much longer................it's bowing in the middle.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Oy the MAGA's are really upset.   Keep the powder dry, centerists.

Yeah, so much "we're gonna be in a civil war" crap, which reads like deranged fantasies.

Let's just put it this way: if one is out there advocating for or suggesting a "civil war", they are lunatics.

Edited by mtutiger

10 minutes ago, pfife said:

cognitive dissonance + idiocy + entitlement + insidious messaging + well funded manipulators =

RE: the FBI raid...Charlie Sykes this morning says: 

Happy Tuesday.

Make sure you read Kim Wehle’s piece in today’s Bulwark: “The FBI Search of Mar-a-Lago: Five Takeaways and Questions.”

Here is what you need to keep in mind: (1) We don’t know what we don’t know about this investigation, (2) We really don’t know exactly what they were looking for or what they found, (3) And no, an indictment of Donald J. Trump is probably not imminent.

But…

(1) This is a BFD historic, political, and legal moment, (2) The FBI raid would not have occurred without a green light from a federal judge who was persuaded that the evidence warranted a raid on the home of a former president of the United States, (3) Nothing like this has ever happened before, (4) But it is a reminder that in our country no one is above the law — including ex-presidents.

The search obviously took Trump by surprise and set off a political firestorm (about which more in a moment), but it’s safe to assume that Attorney General Merrick Garland, the FBI, and a federal judge, all knew that it would set off this kind of reaction.

And they pulled the trigger anyway.

They also must have known that by raiding Trump’s home, the DOJ would be crossing the Rubicon… there’s no going back now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yeah, so much "we're gonna be in a civil war" crap, which reads like deranged fantasies.

Let's just put it this way: if one is out there advocating for or suggesting a "civil war", they are lunatics.

There may not be an actual civil war, with sides established, arms taken up, and street-to-street and house-to-house battles fought, but there will be an even more substantial uptick in public shootings, particular at gatherings where liberals are assumed to be present such as pro-choice rallies and pride parades, so get ready for that.

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Well this is scary stuff.  I was not aware they had tampered with the machines.  And these self-righteous self-indulgent asses would do it again.

I assumed they tampered with the voting machines since it is exactly what they accused Democrats of doing.

46 minutes ago, romad1 said:

This is good

My guess would be that conviction under the records act probably can't disbar the right to run for Pres since those criteria are constitutional, but I'd still be happy to see someone force Trump to litigate it. OTOH, you'd think after all we have heard from the J/6 committee that we are getting close enough to this applying:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

courtesy of the 14th amendment.