Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

7 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I lived in Hazel Park for a couple years 2019-21, not far from the Hardee’s there. Had it one time when I first moved there, and had zero reason to ever go back. 

Frisco burger was amazing back in the day.  I have no idea if it's changed and if not, if I'd even like it anymore.  I think the one on Mound is just a laundering operation, almost always empty as far as I can tell driving by.

5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Frisco burger was amazing back in the day.  I have no idea if it's changed and if not, if I'd even like it anymore.  I think the one on Mound is just a laundering operation, almost always empty as far as I can tell driving by.

The Hazel Park one was almost always empty as well, and was pretty dirty the one time I went inside. 

48 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Seems more like a "human trafficking program" to me.

While I don't think this is the right thing to do, there is an argument to be made that if certain regions/folks don't think the border is an issue, bring the issue to them.   In short, walk a mile in someone elses shoes.

The Chicago Mayor was livid with Abbot for folks Texas has bussed up, but then did the same thing and shipped them out into the suburbs.  The Illinois governor called up the national guard to help and is complaining about the cost.  

9 hours ago, ewsieg said:

While I don't think this is the right thing to do, there is an argument to be made that if certain regions/folks don't think the border is an issue, bring the issue to them.   In short, walk a mile in someone elses shoes.

This isn't about thinking that the border is an issue, this is about policy differences. And those migrants that my Governor and the Florida Governor are trafficking are just pawns in all of this. It's pretty shameful, there is no defense

9 hours ago, ewsieg said:

The Chicago Mayor was livid with Abbot for folks Texas has bussed up, but then did the same thing and shipped them out into the suburbs.  The Illinois governor called up the national guard to help and is complaining about the cost.  

Of course, Abbott hasn't been communicating one iota with any of the jurisdictions he's sending these busses to, which I'm guessing isn't the case up in Chicago, which to my understanding is about trying to find the necessary resources to care for human beings.

Pretty shameful behavior by Abbott... it's basically Twitter ****posting masquerading as policy 

Edited by mtutiger

How are migrants looking for a better life any different than condo owners in FL who got assistance when FL's shitty regulations led to their building collapsing?

Why is one group deserving of aid but not the other?  Because they won the birth lottery?  Ron Deshantis can go fuck himself.