Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Thread. Remember, Bernie Sanders made her famous.

As I can appreciate AOC who I would not vote for, for being an attractive lady... Tulsi is definitely good looking (if you don't get too good a look at her skin -- gads).    But she's on the take from Vladdie as much as any American politician was including Mike Flynn, Jill Stein,  Dana Roherbacher. 

8 minutes ago, romad1 said:

As I can appreciate AOC who I would not vote for, for being an attractive lady... Tulsi is definitely good looking (if you don't get too good a look at her skin -- gads).    But she's on the take from Vladdie as much as any American politician was including Mike Flynn, Jill Stein,  Dana Roherbacher. 

I don't appreciate AOC anymore. She hasn't accomplished anything except undermine Biden and Democrats. Her brand, along with the rest of the squad and progressives, relies on grievance politics. Mary Peltola has accomplished more in congress and she's only been there a month. Joe Manchin has done more for climate change than AOC. Bernie Sanders is out now a month from midterms trying to throw a wrench in the Democratic messaging. The two time loser. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't appreciate AOC anymore. She hasn't accomplished anything except undermine Biden and Democrats. Her brand, along with the rest of the squad and progressives, relies on grievance politics. Mary Peltola has accomplished more in congress and she's only been there a month. Joe Manchin has done more for climate change than AOC. Bernie Sanders is out now a month from midterms trying to throw a wrench in the Democratic messaging. The two time loser. 

I only was appreciating AOC's appearance.  She is very fine. 

26 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What did she say in the racist video? 

Guessing it's this video and I'm guessing he didn't watch it but saw 'Rumble' in her tweet.  I don't necessarily get the Putin asset talk with her.  She's like Rand Paul and doesn't want to be the World's cop and believes the US should stay out of everything unless it directly effects us.  I'm not saying that's the best route, but I do think we need voices like this which point out many of the failures we have had which should at least heed caution on our foreign policy.  

That said... just what we need, another podcast.

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Ironically, John McCain even suspected Rand Paul is a Russian asset. I'm not sure that is the comparison you think it is. 

And while I liked McCain, there wasn't a war he didn't like.  If you believe that the US must be proactive militarily because you're constantly in a cold war mindset, then anyone that doesn't want war can only be a hippy or an asset for the enemy. 

Russia invaded a sovereign nation unprovoked. The US isn't even sending troops there. This isn't even being proactive, it's reacting to Putin's aggression and Tulsi is on the side of Putin. You don't get to just take countries you want and kill thousands of civilians because you are anti-war and don't want the madman to escalate to nuclear war.  

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Russia invaded a sovereign nation unprovoked. The US isn't even sending troops there. This isn't even being proactive, it's reacting to Putin's aggression and Tulsi is on the side of Putin. You don't get to just take countries you want and kill thousands of civilians because you are anti-war and don't want the madman to escalate to nuclear war.  

But everything is perfectly ok with letting a country bomb the crap out of another sovereign country, give them military aid, allow them to kill an American journalist in a NATO country with little retribution and still bend the knee just because you don't want high oil prices? 

Tulsi and Paul, IMO, have always been of the mindset that while some things may seem like the right thing to do, just try and stay out of it altogether.  Again, i'm not advocating that stance, but it doesn't mean that they don't have some legitimate points at times which is all I'm saying.  

9 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I think he visited Puerto Rico, but your point stands.  So often when we look at historical figures, we no longer look at them with rose colored glasses, but grade them based on how they would be viewed today.  With Columbus, even in his own time his brutality was such an issue that he found himself in trouble.  

That's the thing here: it's not taht we are unjustly denouncing Columbus for his genocidal behavior because we're viewing him through a 21st Century lens. He was sharply criticized in his own time for his brutality.

In a state which had a mass shooting, at the Tree of Life Synagogue in the metro Pittsburgh area, it is really repulsive to think that an anti-Semite like Doug Mastriano is the nominee. It is repulsive to think about in any state, but given the recent rightwing, anti-Jewish violence in the state, it is extra startling and maddening that they would in Pennsylvania.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chasfh said:

Screw that homophobic sack of crap. I guess she's back to being a bigoted piece of shit so she can grift money off of whatever her ideology is now. She fucking sits there and complains about America as an oppressive nation while towing Putin's dick around by hand and hosting a show where the host has a open relationship with Viktor Orban, the authoritarian Dictator in Hungary. 

• Like 1