Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Since I've been following politics in-depth as a college student starting back in 2006 (even in my libertarian and right wing days) I don't think I can ever recall a non-Trump candidate who was this much of a mess and is still considered a truly viable candidate. Herschel Walker gives us something new each and every day it seems.

5 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Yeah, their whole routine of "Nancy wanted this to get worse so she didn't call for the National Guard" was exposed for the BS that it was. Turns out, she did and that Mitch wanted them there on the scene too. But the Traitor In Chief didn't want them deployed. Almost everything MAGA accuses someone else of they get caught doing themselves, including here.

This is new routine I saw this morning, apparently from Gateway Pundit:

It was all a setup.

From Ray Epps – to opening the magnetic doors from the inside – to the dozens of fed operatives in the crowd – to Ginger Gun – to firing flash bombs and gas canisters on unsuspecting grandmas and seniors – to the mass arrests of hundreds of innocent Trump supporters who were waved into the US Capitol.

Now we have the proof that it was all a setup and the entire thing was filmed by a pre-staged camera crew.

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Not a good look. 

I have to agree that there is a strong minority in the US Government of people who shuffle in from their West Virginia or Shenandoah Valley rural redoubts at 5:30-6:am listening to "Patriot" radio on Sirius and who are infected by this RW stuff.   People who have the audacity to call themselves Libertarians even though they work inside the behemoth of the US Government.  Orwell called it inside the Leviathan.   Some of them have figured out how to navigate the wokiness of the USG and contractor corporate cultures.  Others stand out and get slow-tracked as apolitical dinosaurs which further fuels their grievances.   All these people need is evil leadership to empower them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oblong said:

That's the one I was trying to think of a few weeks ago and couldn't remember it's name and wasn't motivated enough to look....

everyone was making a show of bailing to Parler.   Then I think someone published their open source code.

I remember my MAGA cousins announcing on Facebook that they were bailing for it. Didn’t Amazon pull their hosting of the sight as well after January 6th?

47 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I remember my MAGA cousins announcing on Facebook that they were bailing for it. Didn’t Amazon pull their hosting of the sight as well after January 6th?

yes and everyone was going to sue them.  Conservatives were going to sue a private business because that private business didn't want to do business with another private business.  Something about free speech which is odd because no governments got involved in restricting anyone's speech.  It's almost like conservatives were full of shit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, oblong said:

yes and everyone was going to sue them.  Conservatives were going to sue a private business because that private business didn't want to do business with another private business.  Something about free speech which is odd because no governments got involved in restricting anyone's speech.  It's almost like conservatives were full of shit.

Everyone that I know said they were leaving FB have all crawled back to FB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Everyone that I know said they were leaving FB have all crawled back to FB.

I freely admit I'm old and not the market, but I'm struggling to understand Zuckerberg's vision of VR. Why do I want to have my real time reality linked animated avatar interacting with another person's similarly powered animated avatar in a meeting when we can just look at each other's real faces and expressions given garden variety video and IP tech? Sure I get it for gaming, but Zuck's ambition for the abstraction of direct human interaction is way beyond gaming. Seems like a screaming case of a tech solution searching for a problem. Also oddly discordant as facebook was all about achieving greater direct person to person contact.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1