Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

21 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This is the reason why I won't put a political sign in front of my house.  These fuckers are nuts and I don't want my house vandalized or tires slashed.   

its why when i drive through Detroit suburbs and i do see dem ads in yard signs i think...this is a neighborhood I might be able to live in. 

22 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

School shootings or even shootings of public figures in public settings can often be blamed on nebulous things despite evidence to the contrary.

If someone goes to the effort and breaks into a public figure like Nancy Pelosi's house, which undoubtedly has more security than the average person, and beats her husband with a hammer, it's really hard to spin that away as being because of some nebulous other reason.

Put another way, if you are breaking into Nancy Pelosi's house, screaming "Where's Nancy", and end up beating her husband, there's little reason to believe it isn't political. 

Edited by mtutiger

Has there been a lot of condemnation by Republicans over this violence today? 

You know, a lot of these politicians who bicker in public are actually friends.   I guess the need to not be nice at a time like this is more important than reaching out to a friend or just being a decent human being.    We cross a major threshold today.  Now politicians and their families will probably be hiring full time bodyguards.    We had to fence off Washington because of these vile pigs.   None of this happened before Trump.  Not in modern times.  The kind of people Kanye is now courting. 

52 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

But he wears a fleece vest on the campaign trail, so he must be reasonable lol

Compared to the other party candidates for Gov he was reasonable. It also helped that they rigged the nominating system in his favor. The fact that he refused to repudiate Trump and has spent a lot of time with Rafael Cruz was telling for anyone who follows that stuff.

Speaking of lunatics.   There was a couple in Eugene, Oregon who went into a cookie store (Crumb Together) without masks last year.   The Mask Required sign was posted and the young lady who co-owns the store with her husband reminded this couple they need to wear masks.    Now, understand, this couple is what they call Auditors (Frauditors, really) and they never had any intention of purchasing anything, they just wanted to do something something my rights, our rights, blah blah blah.     It's a private store and just like a requirement to wear shoes, if you don't comply - you need to leave.....they refused.  They got in her face.........they got a little phsyical with her so she picked up a bat - and they took the bat away from her and pushed her to the ground.   Then these two idiots flag down the cops themselves and say "we've got video".   Both were immediately arrested for assault.   So the trial for the woman was supposed to begin this week and it had to be delayed.............Why?    She has long term COVID.        I love poetic justice.      The man can't be found, he's homeless - and like most frauditors - he doesn't have a job. 

Another part of this story is that after the video went viral, Crumb Together started getting so many orders online they could not keep up and had to suspend their online store.   They are closing their location......partly out of fear.