Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

this is why the 'public figure' libel doctrine in the US has to change. What ever happened to 'equal protection under the law.'? Why do I give up my rights to protect my rep just because I'm well known enough to have one? Totally nonsensical legal doctrine. Not to mention that the whole condept of 'public' figure has become essentially meaningless when a single instagram or twitter can in result in world fame in 24 hrs.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

This is despicable.  

We are doomed.  There are no boundaries anymore.  There is no self-monitor/filter.  

There are no repercussions.  There is no penalty.  There is no shame.  There is no other way for this to end, but in tragedies… and there will be tragedies.  

Normally, I’d laugh off the right wing conspiracy that this was an evening with a gay prostitute gone bad.   I’m going to wait until more information comes out on what really happened here before completely discounting this one.  

I don’t think very highly of Paul Pelosi’s ethics.  The guy has made millions exploiting a loophole and trading off insider information from his wife.   He’s another shady dude with power that thinks he can get away with just about anything. 

14 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Normally, I’d laugh off the right wing conspiracy that this was an evening with a gay prostitute gone bad.   I’m going to wait until more information comes out on what really happened here before completely discounting this one.  

I don’t think very highly of Paul Pelosi’s ethics.  The guy has made millions exploiting a loophole and trading off insider information from his wife.   He’s another shady dude with power that thinks he can get away with just about anything. 

It has been well documented in the investing world how he has made millions on illegal inside information.  It takes two to pull that off.  The insider information is coming from Nancy.

It is not limited to just these two.  Many in congress and the Fed have done the same thing.  It is illegal and that isn't up for debate.  They told Martha Stewart to hold my beer.

There is no rule of law for these people.  The do what they want and get away with it.  See Epstein as another example.  These people are despicable pieces of shit who should be in jail.

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

At 82 years old and being married for 59 years it's finally revealed he was a closet homosexual all along.

I know of 3 different situations where this has happened after 20+ years of marriage.  It’s more common than you think especially with older people who got married decades ago when homosexuality wasn’t nearly as accepted.   The Pelosi’s are also publicly devout Catholic and probably would stay married and live separate lives instead of getting divorced.   That’s just my speculation though.

Edited by Hongbit

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I know of 3 different situations where this has happened after 20+ years of marriage.  It’s more common than you think especially with older people who got married decades ago when homosexuality wasn’t nearly as accepted.   The Pelosi’s are also publicly devout Catholic and probably would stay married and live separate lives instead of getting divorced.   That’s just my speculation though.

Your speculation is wrong. The suspect has social media accounts filled with right wing hate. The police report indicates he was asking where is Nancy. The logical explanation is that this was an assassination attempt on Nancy and Paul was the unintended victim. That is more logical than a 42 year old having a homosexual sex romp with an 82 year old man that turned to violence. Your source on this is a news organization that once claimed Hillary Clinton was dead and sent a body double in her place. I mean what the actual fuck?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Your speculation is wrong. The suspect has social media accounts filled with right wing hate. The police report indicates he was asking where is Nancy. The logical explanation is that this was an assassination attempt on Nancy and Paul was the unintended victim. That is more logical than a 42 year old having a homosexual sex romp with an 82 year old man that turned to violence. Your source on this is a news organization that once claimed Hillary Clinton was dead and sent a body double in her place. I mean what the actual fuck?

Hold up.   Go back and read before you get fired up.  The post you quoted was my response to your incorrect assertion that it’s preposterous that someone who is married for a long time could turn out to be gay.   My speculation had only to do with how they may treat the situation if it had been the case with them. 

At no point did I acknowledge this as truth.  I said that I plan on waiting to hear more before automatically denying it because of who Paul Pelosi is and what I think about his personal ethics. 

11 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Hold up.   Go back and read before you get fired up.  The post you quoted was my response to your incorrect assertion that it’s preposterous that someone who is married for a long time could turn out to be gay.   My speculation had only to do with how they may treat the situation if it had been the case with them. 

At no point did I acknowledge this as truth.  I said that I plan on waiting to hear more before automatically denying it because of who Paul Pelosi is and what I think about his personal ethics. 

There is absolutely zero evidence this is true. You're giving credibility to a batshit conspiracy theory from an organization known for wild conspiracy theories because of your stereotypes of Catholics.

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There is absolutely zero evidence this is true. You're giving credibility to a batshit conspiracy theory from an organization known for wild conspiracy theories because of your stereotypes of Catholics.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I did nothing of the sort.  I have not even read the story that you mentioned.   You are putting words in my mouth because you refuse to admit that maybe you were wrong about it not being believable that  a person being married for a longtime could be gay.  This is your MO.  You do not argue in good faith.  You can never be wrong.  

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

No, we're suppose to believe unsubstantiated batshit conspiracy theories instead.

Why can’t I believe nothing right now and wait until more information comes out?   Apparently just doing this make me part of a conspiracy.    smh

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I did nothing of the sort.  I have not even read the story that you mentioned.   You are putting words in my mouth because you refuse to admit that maybe you were wrong about it not being believable that  a person being married for a longtime could be gay.  This is your MO.  You do not argue in good faith.  You can never be wrong.  

Get the fuck out of here with your strawman. I never said it was impossible. I said there is no evidence Paul is a closet homosexual and then you brought up his Catholic faith. You're the one giving credibility to a completely insane conspiracy theory that is based on zero evidence and only on your feelings toward Paul Pelosi and stereotypes of Catholics.

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Why can’t I believe nothing right now and wait until more information comes out?   Apparently just doing this make me part of a conspiracy.    smh

If you yet believe nothing, then maybe also wait to put forward any speculations and thus give them your imprimatur. 

And the Tucker Carlson "but I'm just asking the question" defense has been relegated to the trash bin of argumentation based on it's abuse.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1