Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

30 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Fair enough. But taking you at face value, one can assume that you believe the article amplified by Musk is speculative and conspiracy ridden and built on a lie? Particularly given SFPD coming out and saying the two didn't know each other?

Yes? 

All I know is PP got whacked with a hammer and ended up in the hospital. I have read all I can read from all angles - and IMO - it is all speculation and bullshit (especially the way some, if not all, the articles are written), and what facts we seem to have are still changing.

As far as what I believe?  I believe the guy is a complete nutjob, and maybe nothing more than that.  I also believe the media is a complete piece of shit who constantly lies (and that includes all MSM), and most of the other crap you find on the interwebs.  In this case, there are many holes that need filled.

As far as a political angle - I could give a fuck less which tribe wins this - I have no use for any of these corrupt fucking creeps who inhabit DC and fuck us over each and every day for as long as I can remember.

1 minute ago, oblong said:

I feel extremely confident it wasn’t due to insider trading.  

its nuts to go to such great lengths to avoid the most likely scenario when it’s right in front of your fucking face simply because you don’t like the victim.  That’s some Tucker Carlson shit. 

I don't think it has to do with insider trading either.  But I don't know what the most likely scenario is, and neither do you.

The rest is just partisan bullshit. But I have come to expect that from you.

5 minutes ago, Screwball said:

All I know is PP got whacked with a hammer and ended up in the hospital. I have read all I can read from all angles - and IMO - it is all speculation and bullshit (especially the way some, if not all, the articles are written), and what facts we seem to have are still changing.

As far as what I believe?  I believe the guy is a complete nutjob, and maybe nothing more than that.  I also believe the media is a complete piece of shit who constantly lies (and that includes all MSM), and most of the other crap you find on the interwebs.  In this case, there are many holes that need filled.

As far as a political angle - I could give a fuck less which tribe wins this - I have no use for any of these corrupt fucking creeps who inhabit DC and fuck us over each and every day for as long as I can remember.

Thank you for elaborating.

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

I feel extremely confident it wasn’t due to insider trading.  

its nuts to go to such great lengths to avoid the most likely scenario when it’s right in front of your fucking face simply because you don’t like the victim.  That’s some Tucker Carlson shit. 

It's like they are trying to find a way to justify it because they don't like Paul.

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I am not taking a position on what is true and what is not in this case—I am giving Paul Pelosi the benefit of any doubt cast until solid evidence appears—but I will say that I have evolved to never taking the word of the cops for anything.

I get it. Although I will go out a limb and suggest that SFPD is more of a source for info on what happened than something called "smobserved.com"

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I get it. Although I will go out a limb and suggest that SFPD is more of a source for info on what happened than something called "smobserved.com"

The Santa Monica Observer claimed Hillary Clinton was dead and a body doubled appeared at a debate. They said sunlight can cure COVID. Cops, meanwhile, are more likely to lie when it affects them.

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I agree, and as I say I am giving the Pelosis the benefit of the doubt. But it is also possible they are both wrong, and both intentionally. This is an evolving story that apparently is going to get only muddier as time passes. 

Just now, chasfh said:

I agree, and as I say I am giving the Pelosis the benefit of the doubt. But it is also possible they are both wrong, and both intentionally. This is an evolving story that apparently is going to get only muddier as time passes. 

I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that there's a 100% probability that "smobserved.com" is wrong and should be dismissed at face value. Which differentiates them from law enforcement.

They are no more reputable than the Weekly World News running an article talking about aliens on earth.

14 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Santa Monica Observer claimed Hillary Clinton was dead and a body doubled appeared at a debate. They said sunlight can cure COVID. Cops, meanwhile, are more likely to lie when it affects them.

Exactly.

Its unclear why a conspiracy website who has done zero actual reporting (and is even up front about their speculation) should even be taken at face value or why their takes merit consideration

I ran across the link for The Santa Monica Observer, but you couldn't hit the website.  Too busy it seemed.  I did find the article taken as pictures on some Twitter posting.  It was as poorly written as the one from the LA Times.  I concluded they were both nothing but propaganda bullshit.

Edited by Screwball
spelling

The fact this thread exploded just shows how warped our reality has become. The Clinton murder cult. Fake moon landings. Pizza parlor sex orgies of whatever it was. 9/11 inside jobs.  People will believe anything. 

Maybe it was an alien who did it. I mean… you don’t know it wasn’t. Until you can prove it wasn’t then I am as right as you are.  That’s our logic today. 

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

The fact this thread exploded just shows how warped our reality has become. The Clinton murder cult. Fake moon landings. Pizza parlor sex orgies of whatever it was. 9/11 inside jobs.  People will believe anything. 

Maybe it was an alien who did it. I mean… you don’t know it wasn’t. Until you can prove it wasn’t then I am as right as you are.  That’s our logic today. 

This is a feature, not a bug.  Read up on Edward Berney's.  <tin foil hat off>

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’m still trying to find a single post in this thread that approves, supports, or gives any credence to the bizarre conspiracy theory that is out there.     

Your initial post suggested you were not discounting the conspiracy theory advanced by the website.

One can both dislike Paul Pelosi while recognizing the lack of veracity of what Elon shared on his website

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Your initial post suggested you were not discounting the conspiracy theory advanced by the website.

One can both dislike Paul Pelosi while recognizing the lack of veracity of what Elon shared on his website

You can nitpick semantics but my decision to wait until learning more of the facts before making any decisions does not support any theory.   That’s fucking ridiculous.  

I’m done.  Happy trails to you all in the political forum.  I’ll stay in the Lions forum where the rational discussion still exists some of the time.  

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

You can nitpick semantics but my decision to wait until learning more of the facts before making any decisions does not support any theory.   

That's fine, I get it. But I think one can be open minded about what the ultimate motivation may have been while being willing to discount conspiracy theories from conspiracy websites.

4 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’m done.  Happy trails to you all in the political forum.  I’ll stay in the Lions forum where the rational discussion still exists some of the time.  

Not sure what elicited this. I'm trying to be respectful in discussing this.

19 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not just in this case, but in many other "headline events," the way they are covered feed into this.  These articles suck, but I give them a little bit of a break because in the early stages of who really knows?  How many times have the initial reports been wrong?  Many.

In this case, the pressers have been quite underwhelming (and for the record, I agree with chas above - I don't necessary believe the cops all the time either (I've had my run in's, and been to jail).  With all the questions, the media is free to make shit up as they see fit - and they do.  You see this time and time again.  Nothing new.

It feeds turning everything into shit. It doesn't take long to figure out the agenda when reading any article. Then you know what will come next.  Much of it filler and clever dog whistles.

I didn't read much about the security cameras.  That would have been something I would want to know more about.  After all, this is the husband of the 3rd highest office in the land.  They should have a kick ass setup, and approved, if not designed, by the FBI or whoever.  I did see a picture with 2 cameras pointing down each side of the house.  They were both hard wired so they are active all the time (as should be in this case).

I have a cheap set of 4 around my property.  They are on battery or solar, and only trigger if they detect movement.  Then stores the video to either the cloud or SIM card, and I get an alert on my phone.

You would think in their setup, once triggered, it would set off an alarm to the house, and a remote observation facility somewhere. We know nothing about this, but they should have anticipated this question (if they took any) and had an answer of some kind. This would sure help with the crazy shit.  When reading, this is one of the most common questions.

Furthermore, and more importantly; when some goofball can get past a high dollar, professionally designed security system and whack someone in the head - the people who designed the system should be held accountable and fired.  That ain't suppose to happen.

But then again, a couple of years ago, a cop was banging on my front door at 2:30 in the morning and I didn't hear a thing.  The cat woke me up. The living security system.  He was looking for someone I never heard of, so it was all good.  At least I have it all on video. Two cameras, video and sound. I wonder what he thought?  Smile, you're on Candid Camera. 🙂

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest that there's a 100% probability that "smobserved.com" is wrong and should be dismissed at face value. Which differentiates them from law enforcement.

They are no more reputable than the Weekly World News running an article talking about aliens on earth.

You may have misunderstood what I wrote. At no point did I suggest that smobserved.com was right. I never thought that for a second. I actually said they could both be wrong and both intentionally. 

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Come in and give credibility to a conspiracy theory based on no evidence, attack Paul's character, say I'm just keeping an open mind, get called out, and then become the victim and take your ball and go home. All that was missing was you were being censored. Typical right wing troll behavior.

You should put yourself on ignore.  You have nothing good to say.  Nobody can have an adult conversation with you.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

You may have misunderstood what I wrote. At no point did I suggest that smobserved.com was right. I never thought that for a second. I actually said they could both be wrong and both intentionally. 

I understood exactly what you said.

My point is that I know with metaphysical certitude that one is wrong, while I don't know for sure that the other one is. That makes them fundamentally different when thinking about ascertaining the facts of what happened here.

Put another way, the SFPD has way more credibility to speak to the facts of this case than a random conspiracy blog

Just now, mtutiger said:

I understood exactly what you said. 

Cool. Please understand that your unqualified response drew a reasonable question on my part that you might have mistakenly concluded that I thought smobserved.com could be right and the cops wrong, enough that I felt I needed to clarify for you to disabuse you of that idea, if you had it. But you’ve confirmed that you understood my post, so we’re all good.