Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

9 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I'm guessing MAGA will say he was setup by the crooked FBI just like the white men who tried to kidnap Whitmer were setup by the FBI.

We can already see the folks invested in this not being the Occam's Razor outcome are now pivoting from the wild conspiracy theories (now disproven with more information) to mental illness as an explanation.

Which, of course, mental illness / political violence aren't an either / or proposition in a case like this.... especially in an environment with so much many politicians engaging with overheated rhetoric and peddling conspiracy theories.

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Okay can we finally put this to rest for those in this thread that gave cadence to these crazy conspiracy theories?

I was thinking about SF Rep Jackie Speier, who was an aide to Congressman Leo Ryan and went with him to Guyana to check out the Peoples Temple.  When they were leaving a group of men Jim Jones sent after them caught up to them at the airstrip and started shooting.   Leo Ryan was killed,  Jackie was shot five times and survived by hiding for almost a full day in the jungle, bleeding out, getting chewed up by bugs, not knowing if anyone had gotten word of the attack.....She wound up running for Ryan's seat and won.. I bet she thought she'd never experience anything nearly that crazy again and now she's next to this nonsense at the Capitol and at home with the Paul Pelosi attack.       That's a tough lady there.........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I just don't understand how people fall for this nonsense, the conspiracy theories.   One guy, 40 years old, murdered his own children because his wife was liberal and he thought she had passed serpent DNA to them.  This is a guy who had his own business and had never been in any serious trouble before.    It's unreal. 

Weak civilizations need conspiracy to answer the questions that their society has failed at.