Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

39 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I like that Youngkin was viewed more favorably by the electorate than Trump.  This means that Trump remains an anathema.   I still think the GOP needs to feel the sting of 6/JAN a lot longer. 

yeah I think that's one conclusion to draw from here, it really seems like they have a better chance in swing states sans Trump.

14 hours ago, romad1 said:

Chilling narrative for the people who don't think Rs have suffered enough for Trump. 

"Fresh start for Republican Party"

This was on Drudge's splash. 

I believe there is a simple solution for the Dem's...

Quit looking dysfunctional and pass the infrastructure and BBB bills, don't stumble over raising the debt level, etc...

Look competent, pass meaningful legislation, give the economy a big pop...

And the votes will come in for Dems.

IMO.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I like that Youngkin was viewed more favorably by the electorate than Trump.  This means that Trump remains an anathema.   I still think the GOP needs to feel the sting of 6/JAN a lot longer. 

I hope this shows the Republicans they need someone with ideas similar to Trump that's not Trump....or DeSantis.  Youngkin ran a good campaign and didn't push away Trump supporters or the anti-Trump crowd. Thats what the Republicans need to win the WH.

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I believe there is a simple solution for the Dem's...

Quit looking dysfunctional and pass the infrastructure and BBB bills, don't stumble over raising the debt level, etc...

Look competent, pass meaningful legislation, give the economy a big pop...

And the votes will come in for Dems.

IMO.

Concur. 

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

I think it’s a combination of things. Election fatigue, the aftermath of Afghanistan (I honestly believe Biden was setup to fail here no matter what he did). COVID and it’s restrictions. The endless squabbling and foot dragging of the Democratic Party factions, both sides refusing to budge. Throw in the GOP’s media mouthpieces, no matter what you hear from so called conservatives there is no liberal media, and what little is left of honest journalism has been bought out by hedge fund companies and plundered.

It’s a perfect storm.we’ve met the enemy and Pogo was right 

I really think Biden and his people created most of their own problems instead of being set up to fail.  Some things deteriorated rapidly when he signed exec orders on Jan 20. Especially the border which was finally under control until he blew it up. Afghanastan withdrawal was another fiasco on their part when they let the Taliban control things.  Other issues like the supply chain probably aren't his fault directly but its on them to get it fixed and they're not doing too good at it.  

Edited by Archie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'll also add that COVID was spiking more back in September and California was doing better than most states. The whole point of the recall was over mask mandates. 

I think the recall was more about the almost endless shutdown. Every place was reopening except for CA that stayed in Lockdown.  

3 minutes ago, Archie said:

Afghanastan withdrawal was another fiasco on their part when they let the Taliban control things.  Other issues like the supply chain probably aren't his fault directly but its on them to get it fixed and they're not doing too good at it.  

So you’re completely discounting Trump’s agreement with the Taliban in February of 2020 to withdraw from Afghanistan  in May 2021. Also the closing of 10 bases while he was still president, leaving tons of equipment behind?

13 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

So you’re completely discounting Trump’s agreement with the Taliban in February of 2020 to withdraw from Afghanistan  in May 2021. Also the closing of 10 bases while he was still president, leaving tons of equipment behind?

I don't know the agreement and I doubt you do either.  I really don't beleive there was a plan in place to leave equipment behind. From whats been said it sounds like in the agreement with the Taliban is they basically had to behave or we would be back.  The problem with the withdrawal is the Biden Administration let the Taliban dictate the terms when they got to Kabul.  The US is the biggest badasses on the block and sometimes we have to act like it instead of being led around by terrorists because we don't want to anger or offend them.

Edited by Archie
  • Haha 1

i think va and nj were mostly about an off year election with an unpopular democrat president.

but there are some cracks in the democrats' coalition.  theyre built on the suburbs and minorities.  if their advantage with either group begins to erode a bit, and the republicans continue their big advantage with white working class voters, the democrats margin to win becomes much smaller.

the democrats' advantage would be to bring trump out of the wilderness.  make him the center of attention again.  then they go back to look like the party of adults, and the issues that hurt them (police, crt, education) can be classified as "trump" positions again, which will tilt the suburbs back in their favor.

the democrats need trump to run in 2024.  its their best hope to win (other than the economy turning around).

49 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Don't worry, Democrats have this under control. Detroit just overwhelmingly approved reparations. The city that can barely keep its lights on and provide adequate services will somehow pay reparations. 

detroit's largest voting bloc overwhelmingly voted to give itself money?

i'm stunned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buddha said:

detroit's largest voting bloc overwhelmingly voted to give itself money?

i'm stunned.

I mean, Republicans always vote against their interests. West Virginia is one of the poorest states in the country with no billionaires but they continue to vote against funding for their state in favor of billionaires.