Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

16 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Screw the ageism, make all candidates take the cognitive test, release their taxes and pass a constitutional understanding test.

I know most of you here thing I'm on the Trump team but I'm far from it. I liked some of his policies but we don't need anymore of his buffoonery in the WH. Nikki Haley would be one of my top choices for POTUS.

40 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Screw the ageism, make all candidates take the cognitive test, release their taxes and pass a constitutional understanding test.

Yes, any of them over the age that would qualify them for the job.   Youth doesn't always mean competence.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 8:51 AM, gehringer_2 said:

Reparations is such a great issue for the GOP. I've seen some black political writers debate whether the whole white guilt strategy is the best politics or not on relative grounds , but the real problem is that is misses the larger point of historical reality in America that the forebearers of *most* of the white population came here after 1865 and many from horrible oppressive places themselves. No-one can tell those white American's that somehow they should carry the burden for the long arc of US history. Whether it's a fair argument that all emigrated whites received some kind of generalized benefit from the legacy of white privilege or not, most of the US white population is not going to accept a direct individual (individual because it comes via direct taxation) demand like reparations. The moral calculus is too indirect - it's just not going to happen. Black political leadership errs if they generalize that most whites will accept themselves as heirs of the O'Haras.

i think you will have an equal or more difficult time convincing asian and hispanic immigrants that their tax dollars are to go to black people than it will be to convince white people.

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

i think you will have an equal or more difficult time convincing asian and hispanic immigrants that their tax dollars are to go to black people than it will be to convince white people.

As groups true enough, but its not like you even need asians and hispanics to get it to a losing political proposition.

2 hours ago, buddha said:

politically, its the biggest gift to the gop since "defund the police" and "crt".

Defund the police I agree was and is a stupid slogan. But CRT wasn't a gift. It's not a thing. Republicans (ie Tucker Carlson) just made it up and decided it was a thing to feed the masses their red meat. Just like the Mexican Caravan of rapists and murderers.

41 minutes ago, ben9753 said:

Defund the police I agree was and is a stupid slogan. But CRT wasn't a gift. It's not a thing. Republicans (ie Tucker Carlson) just made it up and decided it was a thing to feed the masses their red meat. Just like the Mexican Caravan of rapists and murderers.

its not made up.  its exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness, but its not made up.

as someone who has kids in chicago public schools, i can tell you first hand that it isnt made up.

What's the solution with CRT?  Just not talk about race anymore?  Pretend our history until the 1960's didn't happen with regard to how we treated black people?  Because that's what they want us to do.  Act like slaves enjoyed working for their master and that things were separate but equal and thats the way it's supposed to be because Bible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1