Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

9 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Speaking of Lunacy, some of the reactions to Rihanna's halftime performance.... 

I follow an American Songwriter page and someone commented on the crotch grabbing and said something like "my kids saw that and started asking a bunch of questions" and it hit me that when people say that it's a real clue that they are full of shit.

I love how the halftime show has transitioned between generations and we get the complaints about it's "not real music", and they don't know any of these songs.... 

The halftime did lead to learning that Rhianna is the second most wealthy female entertainer after Oprah.  Depending on the source, it's either 1.4, 1.6 or 1.7 Billion.

If you guys like the classics—by which I mean the Great American Songbook—I have a YouTube Playlist I'm working on. It's not done yet but there are a couple hundred songs in it, so I feel pretty good about sharing it. I'm up to the Ls.

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnPS2bK2eU3a6Zk4ulSjCuwPbWeO9IO84&feature=share

Edited by chasfh

1 hour ago, oblong said:

I follow an American Songwriter page and someone commented on the crotch grabbing and said something like "my kids saw that and started asking a bunch of questions" and it hit me that when people say that it's a real clue that they are full of shit.

Thank God they didn't see Tony Phillips play baseball! 😉

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It's hard for me to tell if the outrage was performative of whether people are just addicted to getting riled up over the dumbest things.

Honestly who could tell the difference when they are happy to include people like Santos and Luna in their midst.  

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

So the people worked up over the national anthem and crotch grabbing are the same people who are celebrating Roseanne Barr returning to comedy who made a mockery of the anthem and grabbed her crotch after doing it. 

Those same people also used to be virulently anti-Russian.