Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

It’s common knowledge among magas that 2FA was created by a Soros controlled company and is being used by a group of liberal Transexual hackers to secretly fund Antifa and MS-13 as well as indoctrinate children with CRT and other anti-American hate.   It’s believed that Joe Biden used 2FA to crash the train in Ohio and not blow up China spy balloons in time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

also, it's what anybody who knows anything about 2FA, cellphones, and security is saying. the cult are just a broken clock in this case if that's what they're saying.

I understand that but just get rid of it then instead of charging for something that is inferior. I don't know any company that charges for any form of 2FA. 

Several years ago, Bank of America called me and offered to add extra protection to my money for $150.  I told them they were supposed to be doing that already why the hell would I put money in your bank if I thought it wasn't reasonably safe.  I wonder how many people fell for that con?  

Edited by Tiger337

Just now, Tiger337 said:

Several years ago, Bank America called me and offered to add extra protection to my money for $150.  I told them they were supposed to be doing that already why the hell would I put money in your bank if I thought it wasn't reasonably safe.  I wonder how many people fell for that con?  

That's on a par with DTE now wanting us to pay for them to trim trees on 'your property' which are actually on *their* easements. Why do you demand the rights on the property then ask the homeowner to pay for the maintenance on it anyway?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Several years ago, Bank of America called me and offered to add extra protection to my money for $150.  I told them they were supposed to be doing that already why the hell would I put money in your bank if I thought it wasn't reasonably safe.  I wonder how many people fell for that con?  

Straight up mafia tactic. “Pay us to not let people steal your stuff”.  You are giving them money that they invest. It’s not a storage locker that you are renting for your money. 

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

It’s common knowledge among magas that 2FA was created by a Soros controlled company and is being used by a group of liberal Transexual hackers to secretly fund Antifa and MS-13 as well as indoctrinate children with CRT and other anti-American hate.   It’s believed that Joe Biden used 2FA to crash the train in Ohio and not blow up China spy balloons in time. 

to distract from hunter's lap and laptop

45 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Interesting issue. My home NAS uses the Google TOPT app, at the "U" everything is mobile push to an app called DUO. ATT, SSA, among sites that use SMS 2FA though...

SMS is better than no 2FA but things like google authenticator and Duo are way better.   SIM Card cloning is a relatively easy thing to do so that's why SMS is the worst.  But better than nothing. 

During election season there were Karmano people meeting at our civic center, where we work out.  This group of people were far out   The cars with stickers all over them  people with hats and shirts fill or bottoms and other things  they looked like clowns  

17 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Incredible... 

Given how badly the ultra-red hat wing of the GOP lost in Michigan, resulting in a Democratic government trifecta, I can imagine only that their plan is to take over the state by force, in part by deputizing militias and, who knows, maybe even local police, by overthrowing the duly elected government and then imposing their will on the unarmed majority. Because I don't know how else they think they can seize power, since I can't see what it would take for ordinary reasonable people to conclude that these MAGA wackjobs are the preferable choice in a free and fair election.

Edited by chasfh

This Twitter outrage and insistence on overthinking every little change is somewhat unreal.

SMS 2FA is still exponentially better than just username/password.  There are better options which this change is clearly trying to push most users towards while at the same time saving money on SMS charges. 

2 big issues though, 1) paying users may simply want to use a method they are used to rather than adding/syncing another application to their login process and 2) just my guess, there are locations that are restrictive on some of these security applications that do allow Twitter.  Forcing users away from SMS 2FA could push paying customers off of the platform.

In short, this change gives paying users an option rather than forcing them to do what they are going to have their non paying customers.