Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 minute ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

It’s absolutely hideous too 🤢

A5DEF25D-EE2F-4F5D-BD5B-E86EDA12180E.webp

If that door is not open it has a massive panel gap. The windshield wipers don't even cover the windshield, the bed sides are too high to reach into the bed and there is a reason no one makes cars using stainless steel. It looks like something from a 1980's low-res arcade game or what people thought a car in 2005 would look like back in the 80's. It's as if they took the Delorean and decided to make into a truck and even more unpractical. 

51 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

My God, she is an idiot.  My first thought when I heard it was that's going to screw up the entire process.  How did she get to be foreman?  

I was foreman on the jury I served on.

I assume it was because in a room as diverse as the UN, I was the middle aged white guy in khaki's sitting at the head of the table.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Looks like a Pinewood Derby car I carved 60 years ago and came in last in.

12 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

You’re right! It does look like one I made! My mom apparently found one of mine in their basement the other day. Haha

Sorry to hear about your negative Pinewood Derby experiences.

I won....twice. 😁

et.jpg

6 hours ago, The Ronz said:

I won....twice. 😁

et.jpg

I don't want to boast, but I won the pack and went to districts twice.

The problem is that I athletically peaked early, and these are my most proud accomplishments in sports.  Its been all downhill ever since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, casimir said:

I don't want to boast, but I won the pack and went to districts twice.

The problem is that I athletically peaked early, and these are my most proud accomplishments in sports.  Its been all downhill ever since.

7 hours ago, The Ronz said:

I won....twice. 😁

et.jpg

So,  depending on where you lived...this could be quite an accomplishment.   In the Detroit area where all the dads are auto engineers or mechanical professionals or in some other way very plugged into things with 4 wheels this was hard to win when your dad was a CPA.  So, then I moved to northern Virginia and all the dads in Chantilly, VA work at NRO and are rocket scientists and celestial mechanics.   Still a lot of fun.  I think we did 2nd and 3rd place a couple years in our pack.  Later on when my daughter's girl scout group (what is the unit name for GS?) had a pinewood derby i used my knowledge from the boy's time in scouts and her car won.   The secret:  mount the wheels carefully and keep all 4 wheels on the track and don't let anyone remove the wheels between leaving the house and race time.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, romad1 said:

So,  depending on where you lived...this could be quite an accomplishment.   In the Detroit area where all the dads are auto engineers or mechanical professionals or in some other way very plugged into things with 4 wheels this was hard to win when your dad was a CPA.  So, then I moved to northern Virginia and all the dads in Chantilly, VA work at NRO and are rocket scientists and celestial mechanics.   Still a lot of fun.  I think we did 2nd and 3rd place a couple years in our pack.  Later on when my daughter's girl scout group (what is the unit name for GS?) had a pinewood derby i used my knowledge from the boy's time in scouts and her car won.   The secret:  mount the wheels carefully and keep all 4 wheels on the track and don't let anyone remove the wheels between leaving the house and race time.

I remember you were allowed to add weight to the block of wood.  The balance of that and making sure that the wheels were such that the body of the car didn't drag on the track was critical.  I think.

• Like 1