Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

1. who cares what she thinks?

Except...she's got her finger to the wind and saw how Youngkin won.

She has a way with pissing folks off, especially those that don't agree with her politically, but she's smart.  She has that 'in your face' approach which I don't like, and honestly seems to match up with Trump, but it's clear in her stance about Trump, she'll only accept that attitude from folks she feels can back it up.

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

She has a way with pissing folks off, especially those that don't agree with her politically, but she's smart.  She has that 'in your face' approach which I don't like, and honestly seems to match up with Trump, but it's clear in her stance about Trump, she'll only accept that attitude from folks she feels can back it up.

she cray

7 hours ago, buddha said:

youre looking at history backwards because you know what ultimately happens.

What indigenous culture anywhere in the Western Hemisphere or sub-Saharan Africa survived to become an equal trading partner with the Euros? I would say you are downplaying the overall scope of history to favor heroic narratives.  History has pretty well demonstrated the inevitability you say I've fabricated.  I guess I can think of one counter case, which is that I'm told the Iroquois nation had a modus vivendi relationship with the French until the French got booted after the 1754 wars. There is some inversion to the pattern in the sub Saharan, where diseases they susceptible to largely kept any number of Euros from wanting to go there.

I'm open to the idea that the badges being deactivated during a situation like this out of protocol... what if they were stolen? Maybe this is a way to protect the office itself and not the person, meaning if the VP was either a part of it or God forbid, already incapacitatd?

6 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

The amateur-ness of this administration is breathtaking and horrifying. 

It could have been predicted by a bot designed to describe what would happen in an administration where a college football QB from a southern school is the highest form of life -- untrammeled by laws or mores.   

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

What indigenous culture anywhere in the Western Hemisphere or sub-Saharan Africa survived to become an equal trading partner with the Euros? I would say you are downplaying the overall scope of history to favor heroic narratives.  History has pretty well demonstrated the inevitability you say I've fabricated.  I guess I can think of one counter case, which is that I'm told the Iroquois nation had a modus vivendi relationship with the French until the French got booted after the 1754 wars. There is some inversion to the pattern in the sub Saharan, where diseases they susceptible to largely kept any number of Euros from wanting to go there.

none of them, because they were all wiped out because of disease.

japan did ok for itself.  so did china until drug addiction, disease, and weak leadership and infighting did them in.  

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

japan did ok for itself.  so did china until drug addiction, disease, and weak leadership and infighting did them in.  

Not arguing but amplifying, China was also done in by their xenophobia and racism.  

1 hour ago, buddha said:

True, but I think your examples help support my point. What were the differences between China and the cultures present in the Western Hemisphere in say the 17th Cent? China had metallurgy,  chemistry, sophisticated architecture, organized agriculture, advanced horsemanship, writing with relatively widespread literacy, and a communication system organized across an empire. They were a much closer tech match to Europe than any Western Hemisphere culture.

Edited by gehringer_2