Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

57 minutes ago, chasfh said:

What is he even saying here?

I think he would have travelled on the original Titanic in 1912.  Those who say they would not are suspect.  He would love to be depicted as the out-of-touch elite plutocrats and lovable smelly steerage types from the eponymous movie.   He would love to have drawn a nude Kate Winslet at the point when she had metaphorically, Justin Verlander's 2011 fastball.   Or, he would have found Leo Decaprio dying to save him just dreamy.

Edited by romad1

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I think he would have travelled on the original Titanic in 1912.  Those who say they would not are suspect.  He would love to be depicted as the out-of-touch elite plutocrats and lovable smelly steerage types from the eponymous movie.   He would love to have drawn a nude Kate Winslet at the point when she had metaphorically, Justin Verlander's 2011 fastball.   Or, he would have found Leo Decaprio dying to save him just dreamy.

I don't think it's a nude Kate Winslet he would have wanted to drawn. Otherwise, I see what you're saying. It was super ungrammatical and I had trouble cutting through it.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't think it's a nude Kate Winslet he would have wanted to drawn. Otherwise, I see what you're saying. It was super ungrammatical and I had trouble cutting through it.

Yeah, I forgot Nate would rather draw a nude Justin V than Kate Winslet etc..

7 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Incredibly out of touch 

He’s following the Bill James model where h starts to be contrarian just to be contrarian.  

There is a point where outside the mainstream pundits become part of it and then everything they say is carefully crafted and becomes pointless. No boldness.  Mitch Albom was like this in the 80s and early 90s. Then he got a radio show and was on ESPN all the time and now the brand has to be protected.  Same with Nate. 

51 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

quite a while ago, though, no?

There is this clip going around where she denies the Holocaust.  

The Red Pills And Rabbit Holes on Twitter: "👀Roseanne Barr Speaks On The Holocaust, Says the Holocaust never happened, "but should have" because "Jews cause all the problems in the world” She’s Jewish btw https://t.co/xJyDqNRCOr" / Twitter

Its got a lot of people talking about how its out of context.  Welp, they had better show how she was animated and that was all AI audio.  I still don't see how the hell anyone can hold these views.   i mean people who aren't damaged or willfully ignorant. 

8 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

yeah, I just had the impression that she had gone completely off the deep end at least a few years ago.

Yeah, she lost her job on Rosanne for some wacky stuff. 

On May 29, 2018, Barr responded to a thread on Twitter about Valerie Jarrett, a senior advisor to former President Obama.[59] It reads "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj" [sic]

That's pretty obnoxious. 

On 6/20/2023 at 8:13 PM, 1984Echoes said:

I'll fall out of my chair if it's Seditious Conspiracy.

And then jump up in the air screamin' and a yelpin',

Georgia is looking at either Sedition or RICO...

Legal scholar says Sedition, not just for Trump, but his whole Criminal Cartel...:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/legal-scholar-report-suggests-doj-192952063.html

Georgia decides on charges in August:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/27/politics/brad-raffensperger-special-counsel-jack-smith/index.html

On 6/25/2023 at 4:24 PM, oblong said:

He’s following the Bill James model where h starts to be contrarian just to be contrarian.  

Exactly... nevermind the fact that, for a lot of us, we are fine staying here and dry ground and not going way down underwater to check out the Titanic. And don't need that for any sort of "bucket list" item. Like, space or sub, I'll freely admit to not being interested no matter how much personal wealth I generate 

Overall I think it ties into his political commentary where he acts like he has a better finger on the pulse of the public than the people who read his website, when in reality he himself is a coastal elite and probably out of touch with people in the middle of the country.

He can be right a decent amount of times and the aggregating work he has done is still better than the competition. But he's hard to take seriously when he breaks out his opinions on things.

Edited by mtutiger

I learned in my space readings that his uncle Lee Silver was a key geologist that trained the Lunar astronauts.  His guidance led to the discovery by Apollo 15 of the Genesis Rock.  They thought initially to be part of the original formation of the moon but later discovered it was 'only" 4 billion years old.

18 hours ago, romad1 said:

There is this clip going around where she denies the Holocaust.  

The Red Pills And Rabbit Holes on Twitter: "👀Roseanne Barr Speaks On The Holocaust, Says the Holocaust never happened, "but should have" because "Jews cause all the problems in the world” She’s Jewish btw https://t.co/xJyDqNRCOr" / Twitter

Its got a lot of people talking about how its out of context.  Welp, they had better show how she was animated and that was all AI audio.  I still don't see how the hell anyone can hold these views.   i mean people who aren't damaged or willfully ignorant. 

I don't know the whole context, but whoever she was on the show with is the one that said this was wildly taken out of context.  She's a bit crazy, so i'm not going to jump to her side, but it's also only Roseanne Barr and I don't care enough to go listen to it to make my own judgement.  

Long long ago when I was in college I had a job where I had to conduct content analysis on the highest rated television shows, which at the time was Rosanne and Home Improvement.    I've seen every episode of the original Rosanne series at least 6 times.   In those years,  she was very progressive and the show was progressive as well.    She's one of these people who somehow found their way from the left to Trump.   

I recall really liking Rosanne but dreading Home Improvement.   Roseanne was pretty funny at that time.

16 minutes ago, pfife said:

Long long ago when I was in college I had a job where I had to conduct content analysis on the highest rated television shows, which at the time was Rosanne and Home Improvement.    I've seen every episode of the original Rosanne series at least 6 times.   In those years,  she was very progressive and the show was progressive as well.    She's one of these people who somehow found their way from the left to Trump.   

I recall really liking Rosanne but dreading Home Improvement.   Roseanne was pretty funny at that time.

Mercy! I'd still be in PTSD recovery therapy if I'd suffered your fate. 

Could never stand Barr, Could never stand Allen.

Edited by gehringer_2

22 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I don't know the whole context, but whoever she was on the show with is the one that said this was wildly taken out of context.  She's a bit crazy, so i'm not going to jump to her side, but it's also only Roseanne Barr and I don't care enough to go listen to it to make my own judgement.  

Holocaust denial is the worst 

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Mercy! I'd still be in PTSD recovery therapy if I'd suffered your fate. 

Could never stand Barr, Could never stand Allen.

LOL nah it wasn't that bad.   Looking back with what I know now, content analysis is basically a bp fastball for AI these days..... that job's most likely automated now!   

Regarding the shows, I will say it's entirely possible that my fondness for the show Rosanne was b/c of the stark opposition to Home Improvement which really really wasn't good.

I don't really know much about Rosanne before she got that show but I gather she wasn't a new name and was already pretty polarizing.   I also coincidentally saw her "open" for Michael Moore on some tour he was doing.   So she was pretty far left.

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

LOL nah it wasn't that bad.   Looking back with what I know now, content analysis is basically a bp fastball for AI these days..... that job's most likely automated now!   

Regarding the shows, I will say it's entirely possible that my fondness for the show Rosanne was b/c of the stark opposition to Home Improvement which really really wasn't good.

I don't really know much about Rosanne before she got that show but I gather she wasn't a new name and was already pretty polarizing.   I also coincidentally saw her "open" for Michael Moore on some tour he was doing.   So she was pretty far left.

I did a couple courses on content analysis.  One of my thesis was to compare the writtings and statements of the author of the Turner Diaries (can't remember the schmuck's name), with UBL, with Shoko Asahara (the Japanese cult leader who unleashed the sarin attack on the Tokyo Subway).   I had to sift through a lot of mental pollution, particularly the first case where it was all in original english. 

29 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Trump, already penalized for defaming E. Jean Carrol has decided to file a lawsuit for defamation against her.  

How the hell does that work? 

Also, threatening Jack Smith's family is not cool.  

It's a federal offense to threaten federal officers.

Which, tfg is NOT.

Can we jail this MF'er yet? For crying out loud, this MF'er gets away with every form of criming and we can't get this MF'er imprisoned?