Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

I won't listen to the song because I ****ing hate current country music, but my guess is that Jason Aldean's song is basically about baiting someone to come near him so he can shoot them.  Am I getting that right?   

Two points: 

#1 - This is the mentality that gets people to shoot at someone using their driveway to turn their car around (something we've all done).   Everyone is a threat.    Someone delivering groceries stops in front of your house because they could not see an address...........by all means....FIRE !

#2 -  If you're so tough, Jason, why did you run off stage in Vegas when the shots started?   I mean, if you want to stay true to the song (he didn't write),  why didn't you pull out a weapon and fire back?        Makes your tough guy talk seem a little silly.   Just like your buddy Ted who crapped his pants intentionally to avoid getting drafted.   You know, that patriotic tough guy.   

11 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I won't listen to the song because I ****ing hate current country music, but my guess is that Jason Aldean's song is basically about baiting someone to come near him so he can shoot them.  Am I getting that right?   

Two points: 

#1 - This is the mentality that gets people to shoot at someone using their driveway to turn their car around (something we've all done).   Everyone is a threat.    Someone delivering groceries stops in front of your house because they could not see an address...........by all means....FIRE !

#2 -  If you're so tough, Jason, why did you run off stage in Vegas when the shots started?   I mean, if you want to stay true to the song (he didn't write),  why didn't you pull out a weapon and fire back?        Makes your tough guy talk seem a little silly.   Just like your buddy Ted who crapped his pants intentionally to avoid getting drafted.   You know, that patriotic tough guy.   

I used to listen to Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton and Hank Williams on long drives because those songs are so damn catchy.  Whatever the hell this bs calling itself country is now... ugh. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I used to listen to Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton and Hank Williams on long drives because those songs are so damn catchy.  Whatever the hell this bs calling itself country is now... ugh. 

the classic stuff is fine.    It's this current conveyer belt of crap now.   all music genres suffer from it, but country is the worst. 

Yes, it's so hard.  It really sucks to be white. 

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-trump-voters-racism-white-americans-problem-black-reparations-politics-090038973.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=0_00

Yes, Trump voters think racism against White people is a bigger problem than racism against Black people.      

Donnie can claim he is not a racist, but he's the guy the racists love.    It's the American version of "The Troubles"

Ben summed it up 23 years ago.   The song is spot-on. 

Y'all don't know what it's like being male, middle class and white

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Two points: 

He's not from a "small town". He grew up shuttling between Macon, Ga and Homestead, FL, neither city meet what I consider "small town" criteria. He hasn't even written anything he sings that sells. How can you call yourself a country artist if you can't write a damn hit.

I haven't listened either but I think I can assure you it ain't Okie From Muskogee...or even Harper Valley PTA which to me does signify small town attitudes and "charms"

He's just another money grabbing grifter.

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

the classic stuff is fine.    It's this current conveyer belt of crap now.   all music genres suffer from it, but country is the worst. 

pretty terrible, but Western music has been on one long slow slide downhill since 1750. We had a nice temporary reprieve from the oveall descent for about 35 yrs following 1960, but we're back on the downward trend with added acceleration since.

😱

Edited by gehringer_2

23 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

pretty terrible, but Western music has been on one long slow slide downhill since 1750. We had a nice temporary reprieve from the oveall descent for about 35 yrs following 1960, but we're back on the downward trend with added acceleration since.

😱

Plenty of fine art out there amongst the dregs of some low-brow popular art.  Even some of the pop art rises.  Was listening to some ridiculous glam metal power ballad at the store today and thought..."yeah, that's shi$ but the wonderful Operation Mindcrime exists within a few steps from that."

5 hours ago, romad1 said:

Agree, love a good story song. Mike Ness did a great cover of Big Iron

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Is Mike okay?   You posted that because of the song, not because anything happened.   I know he was diagnosed with cancer recently, but the prognosis sounded pretty positive.  

I hear he is kicking cancers ass! Can't wait to hear their new album now delayed of course.

Who or what is Jason Aldean? Or maybe I don't want to know because I'm one of them city people? 

(actually I grew up in the country, in a town that was probably way smaller than wherever he's from, and that's how I know that people in small towns are neither better nor worse than anybody else).

3 hours ago, Edman85 said:

The more attention you give Jason Aldean, the more his career will take off like Morgan Wallen's did after a similar thing happened. Resist.

I don't think his career is going to be boosted at all by mocking him in MotownForums.  Who is that other guy, is that the guy that Greta knocked out?  Think about the people who use Motownforums, are they going to have positive feelings about someone like that, be influenced by his point of view?  It's important to make sure that everyone knows about these people, and does their best to humiliate them.