Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

31 minutes ago, pfife said:

Articles abound saying she addressed the outrage in the interview but maybe it was her predicting outrage and addressing her predicted outrage since outrage didn't exist before the interview or maybe it's just super hard and confusing 

cnn.com

Bud Light's sponsorship of an April 1, 2023 Instagram post by Mulvaney set off a firestorm of anti-trans backlash and calls for a boycott.

Make Yourself At Home - Podcast - March 23, 2023.

Edited by ewsieg

7 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

So is it not black and white like you said?   Are you going to not argue about it like you said?   

Also is it really your argument that the interview caused the outrage because what you just posted and i quoted clearly indicates the insta post, not the interview, sparked the outrage which is also opposite of what you argued earlier.

Edited by pfife

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

so it's your belief if they didn't send the can of beer to the trans person that the good old country/frat boys would have been just as mad?

It is pretty incredible that he argued the interview caused outrage the just posts completely contradictory info that the insta post created outrage.   

Must be nice to just morph argument as needed even 180 degrees if necessary 

You get proven wrong and come at me like i'm the problem.  

It's not black and white, as the articles that you noted, most people heard the clips of the interview after and thought it was a response to the initial Mulvaney post/backlash.  Did some people need those clips to continue their outrage...nope, but IMO, as a whole, it fueled it more.  That's my opinion, you don't have to agree.  Target got lumped into this and their response was different.  Maybe they are still dealing with it, but unlike Bud Light sales, i'm not hearing anything about it.  Something appears to be different.

6 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

You get proven wrong and come at me like i'm the problem.  

It's not black and white, as the articles that you noted, most people heard the clips of the interview after and thought it was a response to the initial Mulvaney post/backlash.  Did some people need those clips to continue their outrage...nope, but IMO, as a whole, it fueled it more.  That's my opinion, you don't have to agree.  Target got lumped into this and their response was different.  Maybe they are still dealing with it, but unlike Bud Light sales, i'm not hearing anything about it.  Something appears to be different.

I didn't get proven wrong.   You posted an article and so did I.   That the articles contradict one another doesn't mean you proved anything.

It's still weird that you argued the interview caused backlash then posted that the insta post caused the backlash and just don't even give a rats that you flip flopped.

But you proved me wrong I suppose.   I bet that helps you feel good about blaming everyone else for the behavior of Trans haters

Edited by pfife

12 minutes ago, oblong said:

so it's your belief if they didn't send the can of beer to the trans person that the good old country/frat boys would have been just as mad?

If they didn't send the beer to Mulvaney, 100-200 people that are interested in a podcast about work/home balance hear your interview.  I'm not arguing that no backlash existed.  I'm not arguing that the initial backlash was not stupid.  

I do still feel that clips from that interview, combined with how Bud Light handled the response, helped drive us to the point where we're nearly 4 months in and they are still dealing with large fallout.

5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Target got lumped into this and their response was different.  Maybe they are still dealing with it, but unlike Bud Light sales, i'm not hearing anything about it.  Something appears to be different.

A couple of differences in the respons dynamics could be:  When you drink a bear, you are usually holding that logo in your hand. in a sense you are personally labeled by it in a way that you don't get by walking into and out of a store - so the ID factor is higher; the other would be that Target customers are mostly women, beer drinking is mostly men and MAGA is mostly a white male stance.

1 minute ago, ewsieg said:

If they didn't send the beer to Mulvaney, 100-200 people that are interested in a podcast about work/home balance hear your interview.  I'm not arguing that no backlash existed.  I'm not arguing that the initial backlash was not stupid.  

I do still feel that clips from that interview, combined with how Bud Light handled the response, helped drive us to the point where we're nearly 4 months in and they are still dealing with large fallout.

right, they should have caved to the worst elements of society quicker. 

Just now, pfife said:

It's also a good point about Target.   Apparently the best move is to cave to haters faster than bud light did.   

Love it when conservatives go all neville chamberlain

Target didn't cater, in some stores they apparently moved some stuff.  They came out quick to point out they support pride month and noted it's a lie they carry binding swimsuits.  My Chesterfield Target never moved theirs.  

3 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Target didn't cater, in some stores they apparently moved some stuff.  They came out quick to point out they support pride month and noted it's a lie they carry binding swimsuits.  My Chesterfield Target never moved theirs.  

I said cave, not cater.   

They caved.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

The interview happened before the backlash started, it went viral after.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Articles abound saying she addressed the outrage in the interview but maybe it was her predicting outrage and addressing her predicted outrage since outrage didn't exist before the interview or maybe it's just super hard and confusing 

31 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Mulvaney post on Instragram - April 1st, 2023.

Make Yourself At Home - Podcast where Bud Light VP is interviewed - March 23, 2023.

9 minutes ago, pfife said:

I didn't get proven wrong.   You posted an article and so did I.   That the articles contradict one another doesn't mean you proved anything.

This is why I know you're nothing but a troll. 

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

A couple of differences in the respons dynamics could be:  When you drink a bear, you are usually holding that logo in your hand. in a sense you are personally labeled by it in a way that you don't get by walking into and out of a store - so the ID factor is higher; the other would be that Target customers are mostly women, beer drinking is mostly men and MAGA is mostly a white male stance.

Legit points, but still, I wouldn't think that would keep the average guy that wants to share some stupid bud light meme on Twitter from sharing something equally stupid on Target.  I've spent years trying to get a diverse group of folks on my twitter account and add in the fact that per all of you, the second Musk took over it became inundated with racists, homophobic tropes, I feel like I would have still seen outrage at Target, even if their sales weren't affected due to the points you made.

1.  E makes claim

2.  P makes claim

3.  P posts article supporting claim

4.  E posts article supporting claim, also contradicting prior claims he made.

5.  E declares victory and calls P names.

Lol ok

Edited by pfife

You posted a screenshot.  The screen shot you posted gives the name of the podcast.  I have a hunch, if you look up that podcast and see when she was a guest, it would give you the release date of the podcast.  Additionally, 'articles abound' point out that Mulvaney posted to her Instragram about Bud Light.  

In today's world, I just feel like there might be a way to identify a date with each of those.  

16 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

You posted a screenshot.  The screen shot you posted gives the name of the podcast.  I have a hunch, if you look up that podcast and see when she was a guest, it would give you the release date of the podcast.  Additionally, 'articles abound' point out that Mulvaney posted to her Instragram about Bud Light.  

In today's world, I just feel like there might be a way to identify a date with each of those.  

Well literally on today's date  you said it wasn't black &white