Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 hours ago, oblong said:

He's been on Fox already whining about the case, in tears.  So maybe not #1.  Although who knows.... he's a snake.

I almost want him charged more than Trump.

I remember at some point during the actual Trump administration Lindsey went on the Fox parroting the mobbed-tinged party line about leaks in the White House coming from a "rat". Then I think someone got to him and convinced him that when you call someone a "rat", you're confirming that what they're leaking is true, because otherwise, you'd be calling them a "liar".

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I remember at some point during the actual Trump administration Lindsey went on the Fox parroting the mobbed-tinged party line about leaks in the White House coming from a "rat". Then I think someone got to him and convinced him that when you call someone a "rat", you're confirming that what they're leaking is true, because otherwise, you'd be calling them a "liar".

lines up with Mike Huckabee's talking points lately about "loyalty"....

He didn't yet say Snitches get Stitches.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It's really kind of amazing how much a lot of GOPers, particularly ones in Trump's orbit, talk in mob language.

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

lines up with Mike Huckabee's talking points lately about "loyalty"....

He didn't yet say Snitches get Stitches.

Exactly. They know he's guilty as sht. As far as they're concerned, the crime is neither the crime itself nor the cover-up—the crime is the ratting.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is how you can tell Trump Indictment Fatigue has set in: a whole half day into it, and barely a page worth's of posts about it.

Just another day in postnorms America.

I think a lot of this rage is banked and now is stored energy.  We aren't at a point where we can convince anyone else who isn't already convinced by reality.  

1 minute ago, oblong said:

and remember... ole Mike is a God Fearing Pastor.

Mike used to give sermons on "moral relativity" and the like back in the day too, I'm sure.... I remember hearing that stuff when I was being brought up in the 1990s.

Even though it was always the case, it just something else at how obvious (and shambolic) it has become at how little people of Mike's tribe actually care about morals or anything like that.

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Mike used to give sermons on "moral relativity" and the like back in the day too, I'm sure.... I remember hearing that stuff when I was being brought up in the 1990s.

Even though it was always the case, it just something else at how obvious (and shambolic) it has become at how little people of Mike's tribe actually care about morals or anything like that.

Bears repeating how Trumpism exposed Evangelicals for frauds. Everything they ever said about Clinton personally applied to Trump but they didn't care because it was always about politics.  At the time they could use morality to shield it and try to give them some high ground.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Isn't that true of every participant in the Cristofascist Grifter Industrial Complex?

47 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is how you can tell Trump Indictment Fatigue has set in: a whole half day into it, and barely a page worth's of posts about it.

1. Frog is boiled

2. I have cut wayyy down on my politics consumption both here and social media. It is just emotionally healthy. I can follow news like this without spewing opinions all over the place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This is how the indictment is playing in the Russified right wing blowtorch media. Very consistent with the whole "they look like they're coming after me but really it's you they're coming after" grift.

image.png.ed089dccb5557b95479a4c2b7d601b3e.png

Of pig smuggler was still here, this link would have absolutely been shared

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I'm just waiting for the Electric Chair moment. Or the Guillotine moment.

That hasn't been used in quite awhile... Could I get a guillotine please? 

For Trump and all of his RICO crew?

Edited by 1984Echoes