Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

They are saying that Trump's "just so" assertions won't actually end up actually proving anything or demonstrate any actual evidence...huh, go figure. 

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

What would happen if Trump simply refused to go to Georgia for any purpose related to this indictment? How would they get him there? I don’t see them arresting and extraditing him because they would give him martyr cred. They can’t try him in absentia because the Supreme Court basically ruled against that in a case called Crosby v. United States. Plus it would make the justice system look like they have no power to compel. So if Trump simply refuses to appear in Georgia court, then what? Or is that an unimaginable possibility even for him?

I think Georgia would issue a fugitive warrant for him. As per this article it appears states - esp since a 1987 SCOTUS ruling, have extremely limited grounds to refuse extradition. So Trump could attempt to refuse and a Federal court would eventually order FLA to deliver him, but it could be another delay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_the_United_States#:~:text=If requested by the charging,crime in the custodial state.

There are only four grounds upon which the governor of the asylum state may deny another state's request for extradition:[5]

the extradition documents facially are not in order;
the person has not been charged with a crime in the demanding state;
the person is not the person named in the extradition documents; or
the person is not a fugitive.
There appears to be at least one additional exception: if the fugitive is under sentence in the asylum state, he need not be extradited until his punishment in the asylum state is completed.[6]

11 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I think Georgia would issue a fugitive warrant for him. As per this article it appears states - esp since a 1987 SCOTUS ruling, have extremely limited grounds to refuse extradition. So Trump could attempt to refuse and a Federal court would eventually order FLA to deliver him, but it could be another delay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition_law_in_the_United_States#:~:text=If requested by the charging,crime in the custodial state.

I'm just trying to imagine what the practical implications of trying to extradite Trump against his will would look like. I'm not saying I think he'll refuse to go, but I'm just trying to imagine what the practical implications would be if he did refuse, which I'm not sure is out of the question entirely. Would it redound more to his benefit or to his detriment? At what point would they resort to force to get him to go? How would they keep the optics of something like that from lighting up his most ardent action-oriented followers? I'm sure they're gaming this out already. I hope we don't see it, but it fascinates me to contemplate it.

Well he's got Secret Service with him at all times and they work for the Gov't.  They are equipped to lift and carry him for safety so they can lift and carry him for extradition. If his private security get in the way then there's an armed conflict and they are aiding and abetting a fugitive.  SHove him into a big black SUV and off he goes.

DeSantis won't lift a finger for him anymore.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

One should always game out every contingency, right?

At some point the doomspeaking will be something we all look back on and laugh.  Of course, Trump did egg on violent responses to the BLM protests using secretive non-DoD federal armies and would have overthrown the government with a violent mob.  He did make Covid immeasurably worse by playing footsie with the anti-Vaxx community. 

So, maybe its all on the table.  All the horrible bad things.   To quote Patricia Arquette's character in Severance:  "the good news is Hell is a figment of human imagination.  The bad news is that whatever the human mind can conceive it can usually create. "

45 minutes ago, oblong said:

Well he's got Secret Service with him at all times and they work for the Gov't.  They are equipped to lift and carry him for safety so they can lift and carry him for extradition. If his private security get in the way then there's an armed conflict and they are aiding and abetting a fugitive.  SHove him into a big black SUV and off he goes.

DeSantis won't lift a finger for him anymore.

Can we get that on camera please?

I would especially like to see him hog-tied and then a binkie shoved in his mouth and taped down to keep him quiet.

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Just like the Alarmist Non-sense from 2016 that Trump would be a threat to democracy? 😉

The way to approach a haunted house is not to be scared of all the monsters in the house.  Its to call in an air strike on the house. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, oblong said:

My wife saw Rick Springfield last week and I wanted to go dressed like Rahad and run around saying "He's a buddy of mine!"

You wanna play a little baseball?  

It's such a great scene.  Comes out of nowhere and Alfred Molina steals the movie in 10 minutes. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Do you think California Republicans will blame Hilary Clinton for the hurricane flooding because of the name the hurricane was given?  

It makes you think. I’m not saying she’s behind it, but you can’t tell me it’s just a coincidence. 

• Haha 2