Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

The potential that local election boards put forward fraudulent vote totals say in a county with a MAGA sherrif so that he gets enough to overcome Suburban districts scares me.  I think we have people watching but...they aren't above trying that.

They will definitely try that. At this point, I don't think we can be certain they didn't already do that in either 2020 or 2016.

I think a lot of right wingers who swore off Trump after Jan 6 will go back under the guise of Bidens age and Harris being too risky. And I still worry about anti trump passion. It could be like ‘16 again where apathy is there because of the assumption Trump can’t win again.  That’s why Dems need to be super aggressive.  Keep bringing up abortion.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oblong said:

I think a lot of right wingers who swore off Trump after Jan 6 will go back under the guise of Bidens age and Harris being too risky. And I still worry about anti trump passion. It could be like ‘16 again where apathy is there because of the assumption Trump can’t win again.  That’s why Dems need to be super aggressive.  Keep bringing up abortion.  

If I had to name one feeling Trump does not generate, I would answer apathy. If apathy truly means "lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern", I don't think any of that applies to Trump.

But I do believe the Dems need to be super aggressive and keep the choice issue front and center, although I think they will have plenty of help from the ground.

On 8/26/2023 at 2:51 PM, oblong said:

Abortion and Trump is my biggest concern.  Look at the debate last week when they talked abortion, outside of Pence they all know it's a loser position for them, but outside of one, they all were good with a federal ban.  

Trump seems to know abortion is a loser and seems to be leaning into it.  His cultish ability could keep the pro-life folks around, possibly by winking and referencing 'his' SCOTUS, while actually trying to take abortion off the table as a federal issue.  

Ultimately I think you're right on what should be the Dem strategy though. 

On 8/26/2023 at 1:39 PM, chasfh said:

They will definitely try that. At this point, I don't think we can be certain they didn't already do that in either 2020 or 2016.

There has been no proof, let alone allegations that i'm aware of regarding anything like this.  I'm not saying don't look for it, but let's slow down on the stolen elections talk.

12 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

There has been no proof, let alone allegations that i'm aware of regarding anything like this.  I'm not saying don't look for it, but let's slow down on the stolen elections talk.

Yes, there is no concrete proof of that specific thing, although there have been indictments based on acts in kind.

2 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

default judgment against Rudy + pays attorney fees

I'm just bummed that we have to wait so long to hear how much he has to pay.  Hopefully it's at least high six figures for each of the women.  

Edited by MIguy

8 hours ago, MIguy said:

I'm just bummed that we have to wait so long to hear how much he has to pay.  Hopefully it's at least high six figures for each of the women.  

I totally wouldn't be surprised if it's 7 digits, he truly deserves it.   

9 hours ago, romad1 said:

Some wondered if Enriqo Terrio was flipping for a lesser sentence.  I know that sort of information could get him killed.  There is no other reason why he'd be delaying his sentencing (although the judge being sick is a nice touch). 

you seen pics of that dude without his tuff guy costumes on?   complete & total pud

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

Well, Prison will be a lark to a guy like that then. 

your post reminded me that he was supposed to be sentenced today and I hadn't heard what he got.    I'd welcome him turning on sonbishes but he still deserves a lengthy sentence.   They were asking for 33 years.....seems like a decent incentive to turn

4 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Take a gander at the comments. MAGGOTS are going ape**** over the guy's red glasses. In True Trumpublican fashion to his supporters facts don't matter.

Yeah, noted.   One important part of the appeal of Trump is the demographic of guys who cheat their business partners in local regional businesses and then brag about it on the golf course (probably while cheating in the game).   That anyone would call out such behavior is the nail that must be hammered down.  

• Like 1