Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

20 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Yeah, noted.   One important part of the appeal of Trump is the demographic of guys who cheat their business partners in local regional businesses and then brag about it on the golf course (probably while cheating in the game).   That anyone would call out such behavior is the nail that must be hammered down.  

I recently read something about all of Trump's golf club championships. 1) He plays the inaugural round on all his courses, so he gets to claim the lowest score. 2) With the Club's championship tournaments, he usually doesn't play the first day. He'll take a good score from a recent round and claim that as his first day score.

They say he's a decent golfer. He only cares about the distance of his drive off the tee, the rest is unimportant. Much like his approach to business and government.

But I think we've realized that already. Just rehashing old grievances 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

This is grim

This has been known for over 40 years.

He's been ****ing people for over 40 years. In every possible way. He is the scummiest of scumbags.

And maga holds him up as their hero. Despicable. Gross. Words aren't even adequate to describe the abject hatred and contempt I have for this POS and his "posse".

• Like 1

and all this bull****, the reason we are talking about him today, is because of a hollywood strike in the mid 2000's and Mark Burnett pitching an idea to fill the gap in the TV lineups for a show involving Trump who at that point was a washed up real estate tycoon that was yesterday's news.  He was as relevant as Jim Bakker or Max Headroom, some forgotten guy from the 80's who had his moment in the tabloids but was considered a joke at that point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

17 years for treason and sedition.  Ok.  I guess.  Serve all of it and I'll be ok with it. 

He was convicted of seditious conspiracy, not treason.  Sedition is the little brother to the much more serious charge of treason. 

5 hours ago, oblong said:

Prosecutors implied that act of terrorism is defined as a disruption or intention for change of government operations.  Judge seems to think you need a body count to be terrorism.

If security at the House hadn't done their job there would have been hundreds dead.   Mike Pence would have been one of them. 

What I always found interesting is the fact that if you shoot someone 5 times but they survive , you get Attempted Murder, which is far less time in jail.   Why?   You should get a second chance because you missed or because the victim survived?   I don't think blatant Attempted Murder should be much different than Murder.      These folks absolutely would have killed people if they had gotten to them.   They were absolutely crazy.    And citing Mob Mentality is bull**** - YOU chose to be in the mob.   It's like the "but I was drunk/high" excuse.  You chose to get drunk, the resulting actions are 100% on you.  

I have been part of sports championship celebrations several times (not recently),  I have never smashed a window or tried to overturn a car or set something on fire (R.I.P. Bubba).   You have the choice of knowing when to walk away.  Not everyone that demonstrated at the Capitol that day crossed the barricades and I don't think those folks should be in much trouble at all - they showed restraint and common sense.     

My fear is if a Republican wins in 2024, they will be pardoned on January 20, 2025. 

we over-incarcerate in this country all the time - and we shouldn't. the for-profit prison complex is a national embarrassment. I see the DOJ is appealing some Oath Keeper sentences as too light. Maybe they do it with Proud Boys. And the Trump appointed judge accepted the terrorism enhancement, but he just kind of ignored it because these guys weren't Islamic terrorists. Not a great reason, but 15-18 years is a lot of time in jail. Hopefully when they get out they will be old men who can do no further damage to the country.

15 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

we over-incarcerate in this country all the time - and we shouldn't. the for-profit prison complex is a national embarrassment. I see the DOJ is appealing some Oath Keeper sentences as too light. Maybe they do it with Proud Boys. And the Trump appointed judge accepted the terrorism enhancement, but he just kind of ignored it because these guys weren't Islamic terrorists. Not a great reason, but 15-18 years is a lot of time in jail. Hopefully when they get out they will be old men who can do no further damage to the country.

The deterrence effect of anything over 10 years is massive. 

57 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

15-18 years is a lot of time in jail. Hopefully when they get out they will be old men who can do no further damage to the country.

The key to this outcome will be preventing them while they're in the joint from communicating with their fellow traitors on the outside.