Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

16 hours ago, pfife said:

it appears the gop is taking a break from obsessing about hunters privates to rekindle an old favorite, obama's privates

I'm currently watching C-SPAN and JD Vance just introduced a bill to ban federal mask mandates.  The clown show just doesn't stop.  

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

I see what I see in the picture.

Well yeah the picture is great, but watching it on Youtube it seemed like the people who were extending the middle finger were pretty silent because they were afraid to get the **** beaten out of them.  The audio files don't contain even a hint of booing.  Lots and lots of cheering though.

My only point is that the media that breathlessly reports that Trump got an "unexpected response" were hoping to see something that wasn't really there.

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Well yeah the picture is great, but watching it on Youtube it seemed like the people who were extending the middle finger were pretty silent because they were afraid to get the **** beaten out of them.  The audio files don't contain even a hint of booing.  Lots and lots of cheering though.

My only point is that the media that breathlessly reports that Trump got an "unexpected response" were hoping to see something that wasn't really there.

Your priors are well established.  I know where you stand on all this.  The narrative of him losing Iowa or coming in some middling place in the polls is important to starting the mudslide against him.   So, I'm gonna use that picture against him.   That and this:

1 minute ago, pfife said:

Hearing a lot of cspan callers and now gop member of congress re impeachment saying 'where there's smoke there's fire" which means they don't know there's fire

He's been told by his boss Matt Gaetz and MTG aka cross-fit Karen that this has to happen or he will be voted out in favor of a statue of Donald Trump. 

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Hearing a lot of cspan callers and now gop member of congress re impeachment saying 'where there's smoke there's fire" which means they don't know there's fire

I think it’s more like, they know there’s no fire. Or at least the leaders do, because there are a lot of C-minus and D-plus students in Congress now who are deep in the muck. 

They just need to find a way to keep it in the news so that their base remains engaged.  As long as the typical brain dead GOP voter glances at the Fox News screen or the gateway pundit site and sees the name Hunter Biden they will be satisfied and more likely to vote.

• Thanks 1