Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Major Story about to break that Dak Prescott was paid $100 million dollars to throw the Green Bay game.    

And also in Dallas JFK Jr will be returning from hiding to Dealey Plaza with proof that Taylor Swift is an agent for the Lord of Darkness, George Soros.    He's been hiding on the hidden Australia-sized island owned by George Soros in the South Pacific, which is the reason no planes are never allowed to fly over the South Pacific.   The island was discovered when some brave truth seekers recently got to the giant ice wall that NASA sharpshooters guard to prevent us from seeing that the earth is really flat. 

It's amazing how all of the world Atlases have hidden this giant Soros island called Democratia, when Governor DeSantis can't get them to hide Africa at all !

From today's Bullwerk some interesting history on the 14th Amendment....

this is from a brief filed by Akil and Vikram Amar in the Trump 14th Amendment case...

Here’s what happened in the First Insurrection:

John B. Floyd, a slaveowner from Virginia, was President James Buchanan’s secretary of war.

Lincoln won the election in November of 1860 and became president-elect while Floyd was still President Buchanan’s secretary of war.

During the interval between Lincoln’s election and inauguration, Floyd worked to (a) weaken American forces so that Confederate troops could easily take a number of forts located throughout the South and (b) prevent the peaceful transition of power to Lincoln.

Here is Ulysses Grant’s summary of what Floyd did during that period:

“[He] scattered the army so that much of it could be captured when hostilities should commence, and distributed the cannon and small arms from Northern arsenals throughout the South so as to be on hand when treason wanted them.”

Before serving as secretary of war, Floyd had sworn an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, as all high officials do. But with Lincoln’s ascent he violated that oath: He became a Confederate brigadier general who commanded Tennessee’s Fort Donelson.

Floyd also participated in an attempt to have violence at the Capitol prevent the unsealing of electoral votes. His successor in the war department, Joseph Holt, explained what he found upon taking up the office thusly:

“[M]en in high political positions here . . . were known to have intimate affiliations with the revolution—if indeed they did not hold its reins in their hands—to the effect that Mr. Lincoln would not, or should not, be inaugurated at Washington.”

I can’t believe I was never taught about this cretin in high school history.1

https://open.substack.com/pub/thebulwark/p/the-14th-amendment-wasnt-a-creative?r=45wcm&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

this is from a brief filed by Akil and Vikram Amar in the Trump 14th Amendment case...

https://open.substack.com/pub/thebulwark/p/the-14th-amendment-wasnt-a-creative?r=45wcm&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

That's amazing.   And, it matches up with what Mike Flynn and his brother were doing on Jan 6. 

Interesting

MOST URGENT ISSUE

Given a list of 10 issues and asked which is the most urgent one facing the country today, 24 percent of voters say preserving democracy in the United States, 20 percent say the economy, and 20 percent say immigration.

There are wide gaps by party identification.

Among Republicans, the top issues are immigration (38 percent), the economy (29 percent), and preserving democracy in the United States (12 percent).

Among Democrats, the top issue is preserving democracy in the United States (39 percent) followed by the economy (12 percent), with no other issue reaching double digits.

Among independents, the top issues are preserving democracy in the United States (23 percent), immigration (19 percent), and the economy (18 percent).

21 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

The authors can't believe they weren't taught about Floyd when they were at (presumably publicly-funded) high school? I would be shocked if anyone at publicly-funded high school would be taught about him. It's a huge black eye for the United States, which all the Confederate states and their treasonous leaders were repatriated back into.

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The authors can't believe they weren't taught about Floyd when they were at (presumably publicly-funded) high school? I would be shocked if anyone at publicly-funded high school would be taught about him. It's a huge black eye for the United States, which all the Confederate states and their treasonous leaders were repatriated back into.

The end line about not learning that in high school was from JVL not the authors of the filing.

But, I've been saying that here in Billsburg for the last couple of years. The information I've gleaned from the historian/actors here has been a total eye opener. Nothing close to what you find in public grade schools or most basic college government/history classes.

So, I've been mulling a firearms purchase.  It would be a fancy new bolt action rifle.  I'm a fan of bolt-action because shooting one allows you to work on breathing and patience.  I'm a shooter who never uses a human silhouette target.  I'm not there to cosplay.    Anyway... the idea of this purchase had me contemplating going to the next gun show here in my area because it would allow me to try out the actions on all the bolt-guns.  The wife went to pickup Mcdonalds and took pictures of this vehicle outside the local Dulles Expo center.   I think I'll give this a pass.

IMG_4070.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

Does having a relationship with someone mean the charges aren't true?  I mean, we literally heard Trump on tape committing the crime.   Same thing plays out whenever Trump commits a crime, attack the accusers rather than defend your guy. 

Like I said nothing to see here. I mean this is just politics as usual, keep your eye on the ball right?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

I'm not saying it's nothing to see.  If it's some kind of violation of ethics in their positions then deal with it.  The problem I have is you seemingly implying that because two people are in a relationship, Trump should get a pass on trying to overturn Georgia election results.   The fact that two people are screwing doesn't mean they're incapable of doing their job.  This is no different than the people who look at who a judge was appointed by and then trying to use that to declare whether or not a ruling is valid. 

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Tweet I posted.  

Show me were I said any of that?

3 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

I guess the "weaponization of government" only applies to Democrats.  

Dear Jim,

When you get around to answering your subpoenas I'll think about this. until then stuff it where the Sun doesn't shine

Respectfully,

Franni

4 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

I've gone to the gun show in Novi a few times and they're always exactly the same.  Price gouging, beef jerky, Nazi memorabilia and a booth selling Trump flags.   Wanted to go up to the dude selling the flags and ask if he had an "F Trump" flags but never got the nerve.   

The only reason I see that it would be worth going to a gun show would be if you were looking for a rifle.  There are usually a couple of sellers that will have dozens of rifles laid out where you can just grab them and check them out rather than having to ask for each specific one off of the rack.   

This is pretty close to where I am.  The Nazi memorabilia isn't there just because of historical interest or there would be French Army and British Army memorabilia given that they also fought in the Second World War.  

The fetishism of Trump by this community is just so weird.  I do not get how they don't see through his act.  But discernment is not a given.  

Gun shows were not exactly bargain basement prices last time I went (during the early Trump years) although they sorta were in the 2012/2013 time frame when I would go more frequently.

1 minute ago, GoBlue23 said:

I'm not a big gun guy, only have a few handguns, but the best prices I see on a regular basis are from Family Firearms down in Alabama.  Bought my most recent gun from their website and could have saved money had I gone with them for the other two.  

I've hit a limit on my storage for firearms.  i can't add more without subtracting something. I think the second British rifle I bought thinking it would be useful for parts for the one I like to shoot more is the one that will go when I get around to buying this newer bolt action rifle. 

I'm in a really weird place with the community surrounding shooting.  I'm basically the guy who drives a sedan to the range and not a truck. Trucks are fine but I prefer to drive a car.  Every truck in the parking lot has a don't tread on me license plate, a "thin blue line" sticker, and stickers for the make firearms that the driver shoots.   My car has a Detroit Tigers plate bracket and a Michigan alumn license plate.  Besides that i don't want folks knowing my affiliations. 

I am routinely engaged in conversation by people who think i'm "like minded" with them that invariably leads to racist dialogue.  White guy in his 50s who shoots?  Yeah, but what they don't know is how much I despise their guy and their party these days. 

I'm still true to my core beliefs.  Collective security is my religion (Slava Ukraine).  The 4 freedoms.  Free trade is good.  Most people are bent and you can't stop them from wanting to do graft but you have to keep it under control or we would tear each other apart.  I do not hold with bullies.  I loath oligarchs. 

The analogy would be to something like the Miranda rule or a warrantless search - fruit of a poison tree etc. Except that it's a lot longer stretch from the need to punish a prosecution for process misconduct by excluding evidence to why private personal conduct would require any kind of similar response. How would you argue that such a relationship actually put the defendant at any greater or unjust risk of conviction? It was both their jobs regardless of their relationship. Which is not to say we may not see some novel arguments in that direction anyway.

4 hours ago, romad1 said:

... I'm still true to my core beliefs.  Collective security is my religion (Slava Ukraine).  The 4 freedoms.  Free trade is good.  Most people are bent and you can't stop them from wanting to do graft but you have to keep it under control or we would tear each other apart.  I do not hold with bullies.  I loath oligarchs. 

All good things on that list...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I was looking at the Four Freedoms speech.  I gather that was the theme of the 1939 Worlds Fair in New York City.  

The '39 Worlds Fair was inspiration to FDR?

He gave that speech at the State of the Union in front of Congress January 1941.

10 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

The '39 Worlds Fair was inspiration to FDR?

He gave that speech at the State of the Union in front of Congress January 1941.

well, the math checks out. 

The 1939 New York World's Fair had celebrated Four Freedoms – religion, speech, press, and assembly – and commissioned Leo Friedlander to create sculptures representing them. Mayor of New York City Fiorello La Guardia described the resulting statues as the "heart of the fair". Later Roosevelt would declare his own "Four Essential Freedoms" and call on Walter Russell to create a Four Freedoms Monument that was eventually dedicated at Madison Square Garden in New York City.[4]

The fact that he used the thing that was bouncing around in the zeitgeist was not unusual.

17 hours ago, romad1 said:

This is pretty close to where I am.  The Nazi memorabilia isn't there just because of historical interest or there would be French Army and British Army memorabilia given that they also fought in the Second World War.  

The fetishism of Trump by this community is just so weird.  I do not get how they don't see through his act.  But discernment is not a given.  

Gun shows were not exactly bargain basement prices last time I went (during the early Trump years) although they sorta were in the 2012/2013 time frame when I would go more frequently.

The fact that so many not only fall for his act, but look up to him as a hero is what bothers me the most about MAGA.  I get why people dislike Democrats and distrust politics in general, but thinking that Dump is on their side or that he is going to fix anything is incredibly misguided.  Wanting someone llke him on your side is even worse.  

• Like 2