Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Plenty of lunatics on both sides of the political spectrum are suddenly into this Raw Milk thing and it's making people really sick.    Because pasteurization is a conspiracy or something now?    Worked fine for a century but now.....blah, blah, blah science is bad so lets consume something that'll make us sick.     Lots of Liberals are doing this too.        It's like vaccines.  They worked great for a century but someone on the internet put together a slick video saying they're bad, so lets throw conventional wisdom and common sense out the window.    

47 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What has Biden done that's so wrong?   I really want to know?       She's just a Fox News viewer.   

There are people that just have a particular party engrained into their DNA. For a lot it goes back to FDR and is handed down generation to generation. For whatever reason the Reagan GOP gene is extremely strong even though it has morphed into Gingrich and Trump versions.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

.... For whatever reason the Reagan GOP gene is extremely strong even though it has morphed into Gingrich and Trump versions.

In other words...

It's been sitting in the refrigerator for 40+ years and is now a green & purple & black grotesque slimy moldy something or other...

But "Reagan something something something..."

I've got to say:

Pretty pathetic...

10 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

In other words...

It's been sitting in the refrigerator for 40+ years and is now a green & purple & black grotesque slimy moldy something or other...

But "Reagan something something something..."

I've got to say:

Pretty pathetic...

Like smoking, some habits are hard to break. Just like that ugly painting that gets handed down generation to generation. Or great great grandma's cranberry salad recipie

4 hours ago, The Ronz said:

It's interesting that none of the Biden haters can express what it is that they hate about Biden.  Is it just that he's a Democrat and they have been indoctrinated to believe that Democrats are the enemy? 

I really don't get politics.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I didn't realize that the benefits of eliminating lead pipes was "speculative"

The public health impact of removing lead pipes from well operated systems where it was properly deployed in the 1st place may be speculative. There is a reason those lead pipes are mostly over 100 yrs old, in proper service they never corrode, meaning the lead is staying put, thus no-one is being poisoned. The problem is that you do get situations like Flint where a system was under invested, undermaintained and then terribly mis-managed and when that happens there is no speculation about the impact and once out of control it's very hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

So you can take a reasonable green-eye shade arg and say there are better places to spend the marginal public health dollar than removing every lead pipe regardless of its engineering context. But given the generally poor approach to infrastructure care in the US, I think it's just something you do to eliminate an unnecessy overhanging risk.

Edited by gehringer_2

16 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

you meant 'former' democracy, right? 

I suppose. The voters could democratically choose to dispense with our democracy. Wouldn’t that be ironic. Either way, I think it’s a distinction without much difference.

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

The water he’s carrying for his benefactors doesn’t have to be clean.

The fact checking doesn't matter.  All that needs to happen is for it to be yelled into the echo chamber and it becomes the new truth.   

I don't think the lead pipes thing matters that much to the right, unless of course it's done by a gay or trans person.  Then it's a problem, because reasons. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

Canada has lunatics too.     LOL at these morons.      Their hate is so strong that they thought Russia was the answer, and they didn't even learn Russian first.    You reap what you sow, farmer boy. 

Plus, 8 kids?   Trying to be the Canadian version of the Duggars?   Might want to hold off on that, it ain't going to well for that family either. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/anti-lgbtq-family-who-fled-32201079

Anti-LGBTQ family who fled to Russia regret decision as locals don't speak English

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Haha 1

I think I'm starting to worry more about Republicans demanding to use my kitchen than any so called undocumented workers..

https://www.waff.com/2024/03/08/madison-county-murder-suspect-now-facing-sex-abuse-charges/

HARVEST, Ala. (WAFF) - New details are emerging after a man was found dead in Harvest on Thursday.

The Madison County Sheriff’s Office said the body of 54-year-old Derek Franklin Walls was found inside a home at 1790 Capshaw Road.

Kyle Hayden Lewter, 36, was arrested and charged with his murder.

Now, a day after his arrest, Lewter is now additionally charged with sexual torture - sexual abuse using inanimate object. At this time it is unknown if these charges are related to the murder of walls.

Lewter is listed as a member of the Madison County Young Republicans according to its website. Lewter was also listed as a point of contact. He also was a campaign chairman for State Sen. Tom Butler.