Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

“The UN Flag will be lowered to half-mast as a mark of respect for the passing of His Excellency Mr. Seyyed Ebrahim Raisi, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran,” the U.N. notified its branched. “All offices and duty stations are encouraged to lower their flags on this occasion.”

Nicknamed the “Butcher of Tehran” for approving mass executions of Iran’s political prisoners in 1988 when he was head of the country’s judiciary, Raisi perished in a sudden blizzard-induced accident near the Azerbaijan border. Although Iran is engaged in five days of national mourning, the rest of the world is at odds over just how to react to the former president’s death. Joe Biden’s state department, for example, received backlash for extending its condolences to Iran.

-NR

I'm confused, didn't these people just recently argue in front of the Supreme Court that the President had unlimited immunity, and Trump was indeed allowed to use that power when he was in office?

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I long for the days when all we had to worry about was the Trilateral Commission

Fringe empowerment is the worst part of the internet's ascension 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 8:31 AM, CMRivdogs said:

I'm confused, didn't these people just recently argue in front of the Supreme Court that the President had unlimited immunity, and Trump was indeed allowed to use that power when he was in office?

Holy ****, they're telling us that when Trump is elected he's going to have Biden's home raided and murdered within.

23 minutes ago, romad1 said:

This is really powerful and it reminds me of when Gen John Kelly went into a bit of a discourse about how units process deaths in combat.  It was the most human I ever saw him.  I wish that guy would come out more on media to relay his fears of a Trump second term.  Hopefully that is coming. 

Remember the Gold Star Families - by Will Selber (thebulwark.com)

Mattis too.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edman85 said:

@romad1 you have secret service/FBI ties, right? I tried to DM you, but I was curious if you had any tips for reporting threats on the President.

USSS Phone number is in the phone book.  They have a website.  If you want to send them message with the threat you can probably do it from a virtual machine if you are worried.  They will want to recontact you for follow up.

My experience with anything like this is that the USSS takes the routine reports seriously and the semi-credible very seriously.  The thing that REALLY concerns them is the fans who express undue love for the protectee.  Think of the superfan who claims they want to marry Obama or whomever.   

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

USSS Phone number is in the phone book.  They have a website.  If you want to send them message with the threat you can probably do it from a virtual machine if you are worried.  They will want to recontact you for follow up.

My experience with anything like this is that the USSS takes the routine reports seriously and the semi-credible very seriously.  The thing that REALLY concerns them is the fans who express undue love for the protectee.  Think of the superfan who claims they want to marry Obama or whomever.   

Long story short, somebody I know posted a picture on facebook posing with an assult rifle saying "Freedom loving patriots with ARs. Joe Bidens worst nightmare if he can even remember them"

I want to keep as much anonymity as possible because, well, the person knows where I live and is unhinged enough to post a picture on social media with an assult rifle.

• Sad 1

Yikes. Some of the things I see people post about what they want to do with "Libs" is bad enough... what that person did is downright stupid. 

Sadly, I'm not sure that FB will pick it out. They're too busy reporting pictures of fake water parks in Greece.

(and yes, I did in fact post a picture of that water park. I know it's fake but so what? It's a cool picture)

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

Long story short, somebody I know posted a picture on facebook posing with an assult rifle saying "Freedom loving patriots with ARs. Joe Bidens worst nightmare if he can even remember them"

I want to keep as much anonymity as possible because, well, the person knows where I live and is unhinged enough to post a picture on social media with an assult rifle.

I'm wrong about the internet reporting.  They must have found that to be too much volume of information.  I once was in such an office and we used AI to weed out the nutters and still had hundreds a day we had to look at.

The FBI Cyber crimes task force might be a better place to go.  https://tips.fbi.gov/home