Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

Unhinged, and clearly targeting ignorant, easily-outraged knuckleheads.

She’ll probably not like some of Jersey’s GSP rest areas: 

John Bon Jovi, Whitney Houston, James Gandolfini, Larry Doby, Vince Lombardi, Judy Blume, Thomas Edison, Alexander Hamilton, Joyce Kilmer, Frank Sinatra, Grover Cleveland, James Fenimore Cooper, Bruce Willis, etc.

Somebody has a problem with all of them, but when you “can’t hold it” anymore… you stop. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Especially ones with slopped roofs. Double whammie for sure.

I seem to recall some discussion about your military service.  What is the distance you think you could put a round on a human sized target with an AR pattern rifle?  Now, add enhanced optics.  Now add a bipod or similar to keep the rifle steady.  With a .308 or larger round, probably longer distances?  

Now, I know there are FAA no drone areas around USSS monitored events and I know that the firmware will stop a drone from entering such a place but I'm not sure how well you can override that sort of thing.   I think even the PRC manufacturer DJIA wouldn't want to get on the bad side of the FAA and FCC so they would comply.

Now you know that Trump likes to go to certain places owned by his cronies that don't mind so much if he stiffs them (as he surely will) and you have the ability to stage a device at such a place.

Go ahead and second guess the professionals because that's how your kind gets theirs back for being trapped in marginal lives. 

Of course the USSS book that we were trained on regarding threats to protectees indicates that the most concerning individuals are mentally unstable super fans of the protectee.  So, they are less worried about the individual who is an out and out hater who writes in threats.  Those are often just people blowing off steam.  The person who writes Obama 1000 times in a year who suddenly gets angry that Obama doesn't acknowledge him. 

Often these are individuals whose lives appear to be dull and uninteresting.

Edited by romad1

48 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Now, I know there are FAA no drone areas around USSS monitored events and I know that the firmware will stop a drone from entering such a place but I'm not sure how well you can override that sort of thing.   I think even the PRC manufacturer DJIA wouldn't want to get on the bad side of the FAA and FCC so they would comply.

Wrong 

The US Secret Service plans to increase its use of surveillance drones following the attempted assassination of former president Donald Trump, the agency's acting director said Friday.

They just have to request clearance from FAA

It is clear to me that other protective enhancements could have strengthened our security at the Butler event. As such, I have directed the expanded use of Unmanned Aerial Systems, commonly referred to as drones, at protective sites to help detect threats on roofs and other elevated areas. I have also directed resources to facilitate our protective site communications—particularly our communications with our State and local partners where a delay, of even a few seconds in communication, can make the difference in life and death. These resources will provide enhanced radio interoperability and common operating picture communications that were not present in Butler.

https://www.secretservice.gov/newsroom/releases/2024/07/testimony-acting-director-ronald-l-rowe-jr-senate-judiciary-committee-and

SS Jersey feeding you bad intel.

56 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I seem to recall some discussion about your military service.  What is the distance you think you could put a round on a human sized target with an AR pattern rifle?  Now, add enhanced optics.  Now add a bipod or similar to keep the rifle steady.  With a .308 or larger round, probably longer distances?  

To qualify with iron sites in Military:

In order to qualify, you must hit at least 23 out of 40 pop-up targets at ranges varying from 5 meters to 300 meters (approximately 80 to 327 yards).

SS did not secure even a 160 yard perimeter. Now you want to worry about a super sniper? LOL

20 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Wrong 

The US Secret Service plans to increase its use of surveillance drones following the attempted assassination of former president Donald Trump, the agency's acting director said Friday.

They just have to request clearance from FAA

It is clear to me that other protective enhancements could have strengthened our security at the Butler event. As such, I have directed the expanded use of Unmanned Aerial Systems, commonly referred to as drones, at protective sites to help detect threats on roofs and other elevated areas. I have also directed resources to facilitate our protective site communications—particularly our communications with our State and local partners where a delay, of even a few seconds in communication, can make the difference in life and death. These resources will provide enhanced radio interoperability and common operating picture communications that were not present in Butler.

https://www.secretservice.gov/newsroom/releases/2024/07/testimony-acting-director-ronald-l-rowe-jr-senate-judiciary-committee-and

SS Jersey feeding you bad intel.

Half read, half understood by the parking lot attendant.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I apologize for antagonizing the MAGA gun stroke who thinks he knows more than the professionals.

Do you finally admit you are wrong about SS drone use? They chose not to use them at trump rally. The really dark part was the link for SS testimony this week. Here it is again so you can read his actual words.

Just now, Tigeraholic1 said:

Do you finally admit you are wrong about SS drone use? They chose not to use them at trump rally. The really dark part was the link for SS testimony this week. Here it is again so you can read his actual words.

Dude, it wasn’t USSS drone use i was talking about.  You know they have been weaponized. It was something the US mil was in the leading edge of.