Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

stop reading if you are not interested in the the Twitter spat among Longwell, Nichols, Goldberg, and Hayes regarding supporting Harris v not supporting Trump.

"Christian" Erick Erickson, who is being forced to vote for Trump a third time, chimed in as well.

Trump was right about one thing - they all cave to MAGA eventually

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So I guess people on the right think the message of Law & Order SVU is "woke culture".    So, basically a show about arresting sexual predators is woke.       

Probably because the cops sometimes go after husbands.

On 3/5/2023 at 7:54 AM, Dan Gilmore said:

Five more days for me. Almost 67 and hoping SS plus some investments cover me. Both my parents lived well into their nineties.

It's been almost a year and a half now ... how's retirement going for you?

Thanks for asking…it’s been pretty good. My gf and I are on the same lot now after putting $ and effort into converting a detached garage into a nice living space and workshop. Some adjustment there, after having lived 5 miles apart for the previous 9 years. Sharing expenses has made my SS income workable. She will retire in a year, which will be another adjustment. I am very lucky.

How has your retirement been? Sounds like you are traveling quite a bit. We have done some traveling but not a big one yet. Scotland and also a trip to Switzerland and SW Germany are in the plans.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dan Gilmore said:

Thanks for asking…it’s been pretty good. My gf and I are on the same lot now after putting $ and effort into converting a detached garage into a nice living space and workshop. Some adjustment there, after having lived 5 miles apart for the previous 9 years. Sharing expenses has made my SS income workable. She will retire in a year, which will be another adjustment. I am very lucky.

How has your retirement been? Sounds like you are traveling quite a bit. We have done some traveling but not a big one yet. Scotland and also a trip to Switzerland and SW Germany are in the plans.

We want to go to Europe too! We want to rent a car, drive across Europe, especially the Alps, and see some professional baseball in four different countries along the way. That’s the dream, anyway.

We just decided we’re driving down to Georgia to see her nephew, who coaches a high school football team there, in October. We’ll take our time, drive through mountains, see some color changes along the way. Not a schmancy trip by any stretch, but the kind of thing we can just up and do because we have time. Retirement’s the best, especially if you’re lucky to have enough health to enjoy it, and at the stage of life, it is mostly luck.

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

We just decided we’re driving down to Georgia to see her nephew, who coaches a high school football team there, in October. We’ll take our time, drive through mountains, see some color changes along the way. Not a schmancy trip by any stretch, but the kind of thing we can just up and do because we have time. Retirement’s the best, especially if you’re lucky to have enough health to enjoy it, and at the stage of life, it is mostly luck.

We've done a driving trip to each coast in the last few years. The SO plans very meticulously but we always put about 20% 'slop' in the schedule for exploring and often it's what you find along the way you didn't know about that ends up the best time.

• Like 1

My spouse is "officially" retired but still working as a "consultant" on a couple of projects. Right now it's the best of both world since she can pretty much set her hours, depending on project. Most of our traveling this years has either been work or family related, but we mix some exploring in as well.

The Fall trip is a six day drive thru Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire. Mostly centered around Revolutionary War related sites. Hopefully setting ourselves up for 2026 and the  Semiquincentennial 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The Fall trip is a six day drive thru Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire. Mostly centered around Revolutionary War related sites. Hopefully setting ourselves up for 2026 and the  Semiquincentennial 

Enjoy this trip!👍

i’m just suggesting since you will be going through Pennsylvania and then to New York, if you’re interested in revolutionary war related sites, you should have a side trip to New Jersey. In Morristown is Washington’s headquarters, Jockey Hollow encampments,and there are other sites in just Morristown, NJ. Then, it’s pretty straightforward to NY if you didn’t plan to explore further in Jersey.

Just a thought! 

19 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Enjoy this trip!👍

i’m just suggesting since you will be going through Pennsylvania and then to New York, if you’re interested in revolutionary war related sites, you should have a side trip to New Jersey. In Morristown is Washington’s headquarters, Jockey Hollow encampments,and there are other sites in just Morristown, NJ. Then, it’s pretty straightforward to NY if you didn’t plan to explore further in Jersey.

Just a thought! 

Morristown is on the list. Thanks

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Enjoy this trip!👍

Just a thought! 

Just say away from the "George Washington Slept Here" house....  that didn't turn out so well when Mathew Bevilacqua went there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Morristown is on the list. Thanks

I worked in Morristown for few years, and once, we were doing a hardware/software conversion, we had a tech come up to assist us from Texas, and he was a big revolutionary war buff. He said he hit the jackpot when he got to come to Morristown and he made use of his spare time exploring a whole lot of sites in the area.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

Jeez

Just shows you what a scumbag he and his followers are. He gets shot at and everybody is supposed to be empathetic towards him but his people can attack people doing their jobs and it’s all a joke.  **** him and **** those people cheering.  They deserve to suffer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/30/2024 at 10:27 AM, CMRivdogs said:

My spouse is "officially" retired but still working as a "consultant" on a couple of projects. Right now it's the best of both world since she can pretty much set her hours, depending on project. Most of our traveling this years has either been work or family related, but we mix some exploring in as well.

We'd love to have you in Massachusetts, too! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oblong said:

Just shows you what a scumbag he and his followers are. He gets shot at and everybody is supposed to be empathetic towards him but his people can attack people doing their jobs and it’s all a joke.  **** him and **** those people cheering.  They deserve to suffer. 

I thought we liberal elites were supposed to be understanding of Trump voters' fee-fees and give them a hug?

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I thought we liberal elites were supposed to be understanding of Trump voters' fee-fees and give them a hug?

That’s the role the media has taken up and look where it gets them. They are abused drug addicts who stay with the guy who beats them and pimps them out because they still need to get stoned. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

what a goddamn schmuck

Loonspudery.

Hilter wanted to fight, he just want to pick his targets at his own convenience. So he certainly did not want to fight England, and certainly not the US, at least until all those sub-human Slavs to the east could be subjected and eradicated as needed to make room for German lebensraum. So you can certainly look at the record in from '36 to '39 and see Hilter trying to avoid war with England and the US. For the Nazis war with England was a future project to be undertaken by a stronger expanded Germany when it was ready. If Hitler could have keep England out of the war until Germany was ready to turn it's full attention on it, he might have been able to secure the British Isles sufficiently to deny easy US re-enforcement. Churchill knew England could not wait around for that to happen.

Edited by gehringer_2