Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

First, they didn't end the filibuster, they used the nuclear option. If they wouldn't have the democrats would never agree to approve anyone. Dont forget it was the democrats that used it first to get their people in. 

The Republicans also did not pack the Court. They filed vacancies the were open due to deaths and retirement. The three appointed under Trump are still nowhere near as political as Sotomayor who is trying to be as bad as Ginsburg.

Nobody should want the filibuster eliminated.  When one party has all three chambers its the only power the minority party has.   If the democrats eliminate the filibuster they will change everything to favor them and the country will be lost for all of you worried about our democracy.  

@1984Echoes dude you live on your own planet and I'm not giving anymore time to someone who advocates hatred and violence as you've done. 

31 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Maybe if he paid a bit less for the hoodie......

Maybe I'm starting to become a conspiracy theorist, but why does the camera never actually show the vehicle or the pump handle? Also, when I pause the video a quick math calculation shows $4.69 per gallon. Only states where gas is above $4 is California and Hawaii. The national average is $3.33.

Edited by Motown Bombers

11 minutes ago, Archie said:

First, they didn't end the filibuster, they used the nuclear option. If they wouldn't have the democrats would never agree to approve anyone. Dont forget it was the democrats that used it first to get their people in. 

The Republicans also did not pack the Court. They filed vacancies the were open due to deaths and retirement. The three appointed under Trump are still nowhere near as political as Sotomayor who is trying to be as bad as Ginsburg.

Nobody should want the filibuster eliminated.  When one party has all three chambers its the only power the minority party has.   If the democrats eliminate the filibuster they will change everything to favor them and the country will be lost for all of you worried about our democracy.  

they ended the filibuster for scotus

they packed the court

they were more polticial than Sotomayor

Sotomayor isn't trying to be as bad as Ginsburg

Everyone should want the filibuster eliminated

the country won't be lost for all

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Saving us from what? Universal Pre-K? Paid Family Leave? Combating Climate change? Oh nooooooo, we might enact Paid Family Leave like most other first world, democratic countries already have.

H.R.1 that will rig elections and packing the SCOTUS with democrat politicians to rule in their favor.

8 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

It's in the Constitution of the United States.

Look it up.

You do realize that threating elected officials including past POTUS is a serious crime. Its a federal felony sherlock. Keep running your mouth.  This is a public forum. There must not be any mods here.  

7 minutes ago, Archie said:

H.R.1 that will rig elections and packing the SCOTUS with democrat politicians to rule in their favor.

Here's the full summery of HR 1 as well as the full language of the bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1

HR 1 will rig elections? HUH? Where do you get this stuff at? I read through the language of the bill a couple of months back and I missed the part where it would rig elections.

You can also dive into the meat and potatoes of what's in the For the People Act/HR 1 here from the Brennan Center report on the legislation.

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/policy-solutions/annotated-guide-people-act-2021

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Here's the full summery of HR 1 as well as the full language of the bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1

HR 1 will rig elections? HUH? Where do you get this stuff at? I read through the language of the bill a couple of months back and I missed the part where it would rig elections.

If Archie were to follow his rule on guns, then he'd probably refrain from commenting on HR1 since he clearly hasn't read the bill or absorbed what is actually in it. 

• Thanks 2

Also, if you supported the January 6th Insurrection in any way or excused the behavior of people trying to stop the certification a democratic election then go piss right off crying about rigging elections. People literally stormed the capital to hang the Vice President of the United States and stop the certification of free and fair democratic elections. If you don't condemn that than you most assuredly don't get to pull words like rigged out of your ass to describe a piece of legislation you might or might not have read through.

26 minutes ago, buddha said:

the filibuster is stupid and should be ended regardless of who is in power.  the party in power shouldnt need a supermajority to pass legislation.

It's existence really makes governing incredibly hard in this country, at least in the environment that exists today where passing even simple and relatively uncontroversial stuff like the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill is like pulling teeth.

6 minutes ago, Archie said:

You do realize that threating elected officials including past POTUS is a serious crime. Its a federal felony sherlock. Keep running your mouth.  This is a public forum. There must not be any mods here.  

He wasn't threatening them.  He was saying that he thinks they should be executed for treason.  There is a process for that and I assume he wouldn't be involved in it.  

2 hours ago, Archie said:

... I'm not giving anymore time to someone who advocates hatred and violence as you've done. 

The other thing that's hilarious about this is:

I've espoused a hatred for Nazism and Fascism and somehow you want to make that out as if that were something bad.

That's all I need to know about your jaundiced view of the world.