Cleanup in Aisle Lunatic (h/t romad1)

chasfh

41 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Ultimately, do you think a recommendation for criminal chargers and prosecution will come out of the January 6th Committee? If so, who do you think could be charged and with what type of charge/crime?

Nobody knows. We’ve been dissatisfied this far at every turn (except Georgia going for Biden) 

8 hours ago, pfife said:

One of the non-political gun blogs I read had letters to the guys who review guns to do a review of "best guns for the apocalypse" and they mentioned the entire story behind Boogaloo.  That it was to be Civil War 2.  This was about a year before you would see this in reference to 2020 protests.  Meanwhile, it was a joke with my friends for decades that any sequel of any franchise would be an effort to break dance in order to win a contest prize that would save the "youth center". 

Why can't lame things remain lame and not be turned to evil?

Edited by romad1

On 12/25/2021 at 10:02 AM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Ultimately, do you think a recommendation for criminal chargers and prosecution will come out of the January 6th Committee? If so, who do you think could be charged and with what type of charge/crime?

I don't know whether it gets that far, given that seemingly everyone the Committee is trying to go after or hear from is suing to put a halt to their end of it. Apparently the hope is to stall and stall, freezing the Committee into inaction for the next year, until the Republicans take over in 2023, shut down the Committee, and start their own Committee to go after all the Democrats and RINOs who went after Trump.

What a time to be alive.

Edited by chasfh

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't know whether it gets that far, given that seemingly everyone the Committee is trying to go after or hear from is suing to put a halt to their end of it. Apparently the hope is to stall and stall, freezing the Committee into inaction for the next year, until the Republicans take over in 2023, shut down the Committee, and start their own Committee to go after all the Democrats and RINOs who went after Trump.

What a time to be alive.

someone in either WaPo or the NYT made a reasonable argument that a referral from the committee just makes the DOJ's life more difficult. Of course the writer assumed the DOJ was eventually going to get there anyway. I have no way of evaluating that piece of the arg.

9 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Sowing more seeds of doubt that the election was illegitimate. 

I suppose in a broad way that makes sense. Anyone who thinks about it for more than a few seconds can see that Rand Paul's full of shit, but I guess he's banking on the many people who won't think at all about what's he's saying and are responding only to the emotion he's putting into the tweet.

Just now, chasfh said:

I suppose in a broad way that makes sense. Anyone who thinks about it for more than a few seconds can see that Rand Paul's full of shit, but I guess he's banking on the many people who won't think at all about what's he's saying and are responding only to the emotion he's putting into the tweet.

Harvesting is the keyword and thwir buzzword.  As if you are out there planting and gathering votes that otherwise wouldn’t be cast and shouldn’t be cast.